Rover 820i £200

CHRIS1980

I used to work alongside a notorious prankster. He once used my mobile phone to send random texts to people in my address book when I went to the loo. IIRC My then accountant, my sister and the bloke at the local garage got a text saying ' Hello, I have a big willy'.*

Just saying like...

* I haven't btw.

Mk1 fastbacka look the tits but MK2s look best as a saloon IMHO.

Also, didn't know they did a blue interior, the awfulness of which is reason enough to buy the car.

What actually happened to the 820 that was for sale in this thread? Did Audi steal it as a secret development prototype or something?

By coincidence there is one of these on the Facebook page at the mo

attachicon.gifScreenshot_2016-01-19-10-15-01.png

attachicon.gifScreenshot_2016-01-19-10-15-12.png

Seems they are common as muck, two in a week.

Yo ManHill of Impshire, you couldn't get a proper picture of that 800 and send it to me please, I'm not on Facebook. Yeah, I know I'm sad for asking and what have you... but I am a sad 800 nut in my defence.

I think Europe is the only place you can get a Mk1 Diesel, I don't think any exist here in the UK anymore.

I'm partly responsible for that - I scrapped mine (albeit 8 years ago).  It was T&T'd and running, but I'd "sold" it twice on eBay - once to a no-show and the second time for 150 quid to someone who wanted me to deliver it to Peatboghorror FOC and, when I politely declined, insisted I take a day off work so he could pick the car up as he was busy weekend and didn't want to drive it home in the dark.

Told him to FRO, drove it to the scrapyard and got 330 quid for it there and then.  Felt like a bit of a cunt afterwards though.

I'm partly responsible for that - I scrapped mine (albeit 8 years ago).  It was T&T'd and running, but I'd "sold" it twice on eBay - once to a no-show and the second time for 150 quid to someone who wanted me to deliver it to Peatboghorror FOC and, when I politely declined, insisted I take a day off work so he could pick the car up as he was busy weekend and didn't want to drive it home in the dark.

Told him to FRO, drove it to the scrapyard and got 330 quid for it there and then.  Felt like a bit of a cunt afterwards though.

I vaguely remember the one you had. A dark Blue Fastback, same alloys as the one above, front bumper was a TWR item I seem to recall. I saved the pic and have it in my collection somewhere.

There were a couple of ropey Dark Red ones wondering around up until a couple of years ago. In Halesowen there was a White one but it disappeared a few years ago.