Audi A2 - For Sale - Scotchland SOLD!

cort16

I got MrC this A2 back in October to replace her leased Citroen that was heading back to france to whatever they do with them. If I'm honest I think we (I) bought it because I always quite fancied one but she's not taken to it so we've just bought this Daihatsu Materia, which is a little more modern and practical although still a bit weird. I'll start a thread on it if any one is interested?

24001040650_730d3c3a3b_k.jpgimage by cort16, on Flickr

As a result the Audi needs to go. As you probably know these's A2's are all Aloominum so not so many to grot issues.

and this one is still really tidy for a 13 year old car. This one is the 1.4 SE with the 75bhp 16v. We looked at the 1.6fsi  Sports but the word is that engine's a bit more high maintenance and we didn't want the 17" wheels or need the extra power.

It drives really well and even though it's only got 75bhp it weighs bugger all so it's still pretty nippy. It seems to sit happily enough on the motorway without revving it's nuts off.

Bad stuff.

The inner door cards need re-sealed so you get water trapped between the door and the sill. It doesn't seem to come into the car but it needs done as the bottom of the cards are getting frosty

The EML light came on last week again and it read an EGR fault, which is weird given I changed it the EGR (see below). I put it out and it's not came back on. The car drives fine. 

There's a quick of these in First that means until you get used to it you end up revving the nuts off it in 1st trying to pull aways. It's not a fault but worth mentioning. 

One of the rear window winder is burst.

There's a sponge under the wiper and I don't know why.

Good stuff.

It's got an mot until June 16. Tax is £152.50 for the year. It had a new timing belt and tensioners last year. We have 2 keys for it with the original wallet and service history, There's a fair few stamps in the book When I bought it the EML was on so scanned the codes and it came up with the front 02 sensor and EGR valve so I replaced them both. At the same time I gave it a full service (oil, filter, plugs, air filter (which you have to go under the car to change ffs). I also put a new battery in it and put a new tyre on it. The wheels are off a mk4 golf. I have the originals (without tyres) in my lockup but they'd need blaster and powder or polished. The standard wheels on these had a chrome type look, which l thought was pretty shite anyway . The rear seats has ISOFIX. It's good on fuel. Not worked it out exactly but it's got to be 40+

Everything works inside. It feels like any other Audi of this generation, which is well built but not that exciting.

The interior looks like a tramp pissed his pants in that picture but it doesn't look like that when I look at it with my eyes.

I want 1000 quid for it really. I may be interested in a PX or swap if it's something interesting. I am human after all FFS.

I can't be arsed to roffle it.

24214144291_f9314e3932_k.jpgimage by cort16, on Flickr

23669773393_dd3809e2f5_k.jpgimage by cort16, on Flickr

24214065521_a22b6456fd_k.jpgimage by cort16, on Flickr

24270487896_e2e5dcfa1d_k.jpgimage by cort16, on Flickr

If it was a diesel I'd be muchos interestido (and I'm nearby too!). I would be muchos interestido in a Daihatsu thread though, I always thought they made some neat cars but they got so little respect here. Yet to own one though so maybe they're all crap.

In Japan the Materia is called the Daihatsu Coo.  As in "fuck sake look at the size of the udders on that coo". Pity they didn't call it that here.

In europe the A2 came with a 1.2tdi. I think the 1.4 tdi goes really well because the car's so light.

The removable bonnet is a bit annoying tbh. I end up bringing it into the house when I'm working on it and keep thinking the hoover's going to fall on it or something.

Apols for mini hijack  Mr_Cort

.... muchos interestido in a Daihatsu thread though, I always thought they made some neat cars but they got so little respect here. Yet to own one though so maybe they're all crap.

As a serial Daihatsu owner and fetishist I think they are all gr9. I've yet to find a bad one, and I've not owned a legendary GTti (it's on the list, very near the top).

Oh, it's not a project! Bit too old. As you can tell, I really fancy this as my new daily but I'd need to get rid of something and winter finances dictate selling something to buy. Rover is my toy and is ultimately dispensable, CX is my (almost) dream car. Hmm.

BX and cash (he said, clutching at straws)?

Surely the Rover is worth more than that?

Hnnng, I do really like those but I was holding out for a 1.6FSI really. Plus until my company car goes back I've still got storage issues.

In fact part of me wants to go all RichardK and demand a yellow one with black interior.

I always think yellow A2s look like some sort of futuristic civil service vehicle. Like an automotive Bauhaus-inspired version of the world Doctor Who's "Happiness Patrol" exists in.