2001 Vectra 2.2SRi 150

Cavcraft

I had two Vectras. One was a 1.8 auto that I essentially inherited. And essentially hated.(Managed to part ex it against a Pajero Exceed that I loved.) It almost always had the EML on, didn't have enough gears and was underpowered.

I then had a 2.0 SRI 130. I never grew to like that either and I fragged it, even though it was a factory duel fuel with little wrong with it,although the gas never worked.

Seeing this car and the fact it passed, bar a poxy brake line and CV boot, makes me feel quite guilty about the SRI.

How many Hail Novas must I say SirLordCavcraftSir?

Great result there John. My only beef with the Cavalier is handling can be a bit soggy when pushing it, I take it these are better especially in SRi flavour?

I almost bought an ex-plod 2.5 V6 estate last year (got the Mondy instead), but want levels are now reaching critical seeing how hot this one is!

Great result there John. My only beef with the Cavalier is handling can be a bit soggy when pushing it, I take it these are better especially in SRi flavour?

They don't handle amazing - the SRi is 20mm lower than other models so feel a little bit tighter, but certainly not on par with the equivalent Mondeo of the time.

The colour is a strong point on this one. Most seem to be silver!!!! Metallic wine red colour adds a bit of class I reckon

Satin red does indeed look good on these. They also come in a blue (Nocturno blue?) which looks ace too.

Bargain! Love the MV6/ SRI family shot. Will this be the new daily?

Yes the Vectra is my replacement 'main' car now that the 405 has gone. I have too many cars to class any particular one as a specific 'daily' I think 😃

They don't handle amazing - the SRi is 20mm lower than other models so feel a little bit tighter, but certainly not on par with the equivalent Mondeo of the time.

That would have been an issue back the day, but at £130.......

Old '96-2000 Mondeos have an air of general rubbishness about them and a nice spec facelift Vectra doesn't. The prefacelift Vectra was a pile of shit really but the face lifted ones (99 on?) were much, much better.