2001 Vectra 2.2SRi 150

Cavcraft

Very late (Dec) 2001 Vectra 2.2 petrol SRi 150 hatchback

MOT 19th January

Taxed to get home

89,000 miles (will check MOT history to see if it's gen, but it certainly looks it.

Really really clean car has half leather seats and all that sort of caper.

I reckon it'll want pads minimum for MOT, the warning light is on on the 'computer' and I'm sure the brake light came on when driving today. I've topped up the brake fluid so will see what happens.

Front bumper I reckon has had a very low speed nudge as the osf stays on the gaps aren't 100% and I think it isn't clipped in properly. Small hole in rear bumper possibly one front fog light lens broken.

Really does seem a tidy car, obvs anyone is welcome to thorougjly inspect it.

In Chester, £170 can take it, I'd be amazed if it wasn't worth more in bits

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Hmm, tempting but there is no way I could drive that distance in a manual car :(

Me too, also our kid has one of these with big end bearings gone, in an auto I think, in Newcastle, but on a 2005 or something, could have pillaged it for bits!

However cost of getting the two together in Leeds, then finding out nothing is compatible, is prohibitive I suppose :-(

Need a bigger motor soon, have found the Pug 205 coupe and Atoz five door just not family friendly for supermarket and motorway trips hauling fat people and pushbikes etc, so anyone who fancies a swappage for a luxo barge or people carrier in an auto gissa pm :-)

Was it this shape Vectra that Clarkson claimed to be dead dull and boring and instantly millions of people were sat down the pub talking about how dull and boring they were?

Mine was fine. Found it more comfy, faster, better handling and nicer looking than the Mondeo it replaced, perfectly acceptable transport.

omegod, on 05 Jan 2016 - 8:41 PM, said:

That intake looks suspiciously like the one on my old Calibra, turned out there was a bean can as part of the pipework. Absolute bargain by the way and my 306hdi await's you in swoppage city     

{Beggars/choosers} Did you do the rear beam on it, chief?

greengartside, on 05 Jan 2016 - 8:44 PM, said:

Airbox looks like a BMC CDA or similar? Was about £150 new!

This is the sort of talk I like as if it doesn't go to someone on here I'll have that right off and replace with the shitty come filter on my old 306.

Would this steed not suit Bub2000006?

"I would do but had a rectal prolapse this morning. I didn't mean to upset anyone"

"My ex wife's initials are SRI so I couldn't possibly own it. I didn't mean to upset anyone"

"Sorry, but the seats look to much like a can of Allude Sportstar deodorant. I didn't mean to upset anyone"

Soz Bub    :-D