SportKa - gone for good

laser wheels

• 11 months later...

Time to punt this on.

Good points -

OMGLOMILEZ (just over 30k)

Tidy nick for a 10+ year old Ka

6 months MOT

Surprisingly grot free, had some wheel arch weldage for MOT and a couple of little blisters have started coming through in the usual places 

SE posh spec - impress* the neighbours!

Bad points -

Needs two new front tyres

Clutch has started to slip, perfectly driveable but you will notice it if you try to accelerate from low down in a high gear

Air con needs a re-gas*

I'm at that point where I can either just keep this until it falls to bits, or move it on now. Prices are all over the place with these with people asking up to £2k for low milers. £750 is basically half what I paid just over a year ago!

Oh yeah, I don't want to fix it, just thought it might be worth something to someone somewhere as a parts car, but not sure I can be bothered with the hassle. I was just after some opinions, but so far sounds like it's not worth it. Car Take Back have only offered £55 assuming it's not fucked. Which it is.

So, they've said I can buy back the scrap for £84. What would you do? Is it worth the hassle?

No, they're shit. Unless you want to buy a 2006 not-Sport one for parts.

Oh yeah, I don't want to fix it, just thought it might be worth something to someone somewhere as a parts car, but not sure I can be bothered with the hassle. I was just after some opinions, but so far sounds like it's not worth it. Car Take Back have only offered £55 assuming it's not fucked. Which it is.

Car take back are wank anyway. Cut out the middle man and see the scrapman. I find you need to speak to the proper shady type scrapyards. A lot of these so called 'legitimate' outfits like Motorhog etc can be cunts. When I rang them, he said he didn't want the car incomplete in any way in case he got oil etc on his Lorry. Prick. He's in the wrong job if he doesn't like having dirty hands.

I told them 'thanks, but no thanks.' The going rate for the interiors seems to be about £75 on eBay then I would have to deal with the rest. Maybe a bit of profit in the end but too much grief. Ultimately I just want it gone!

In the end they are giving me £1300 which is way more than I thought they would. However, it won't be going on chod as this seems like a good time to pay back a loan from my folks. Hence no Laguna collection. I get to keep the hire car for another week, then after that I guess I'm on the bus for a bit!