Moar Pwahr

Father Ted

Bought another Micra.£100 worth of K11, with some 6 mths MOT (galloping grot though). Bought it for the engine really, but hvaing driven it to work today I find it more lively than the K10 - also seems to me to be more comfy inside - it also has PAS which the K10 does not.Hmmm, I want moar power. Do any of our J-tin brethern know of any tuning modifications ( apart from rip the guts out of a Cherry Turbo).

£100 is pretty damn good with that much tax! Is the timing chain rattling like mad?

Nahh, taxed to the end of the week, MOT for 6 months though.57K miles, old giffer owned, yellow tobacco stains inside, timing chain NOT rattling at all. Engine looks at first glance different to one in K10. Bought it for the donkey (because the K10 is rattling its tits off under acceleration) and also the 4 good tyres / wheels, but now wondering if it might be worth sorting the grot out (front / rear wheel arches, bonnet lip, front crossmenber also a bit crusty).TBH will probably get smoked about in till the test is up then look for another K11 with PAS.Quite taken with the small Jap car - plenty of room inside.

A friend of mine has a V-reg 1.0 K11 and I've always been quite impressed at how nippy it is. Seems to be up to 60 in respectable time and holds it comfortably. Not sure what it's like on a motorway trip like, but that's not what you'd use it for mostly of course.

I'd be happy to have one as a daily if they weren't so cutesy looking! :P:lol:

"Aah, you have a woman's car m'lord"

Posted Image

I had a 1997 Nissan Micra Shape in a fetching purple for my first company car. Most basic spec, didn't have a rear wiper or airbag. Was a great little car, I was amazed how much power they wound out of a 1 litre compared to my previous experience (a beige X plate Metro)Was OK on motorways too - used to do South East London to West Wales and back every week :shock: . I always much preferred K11s to K10s for some reason - ,maybe because K10s were regarded as very naff in about 1990 - even a Metro was more acceptable.

I had a 1997 Nissan Micra Shape in a fetching purple for my first company car. Most basic spec, didn't have a rear wiper or airbag. Was a great little car, I was amazed how much power they wound out of a 1 litre compared to my previous experience (a beige X plate Metro)Was OK on motorways too - used to do South East London to West Wales and back every week :shock: . I always much preferred K11s to K10s for some reason - ,maybe because K10s were regarded as very naff in about 1990 - even a Metro was more acceptable.

Haha so did I!! The Ribena Berry as it was known.Thrashed mercilessly by myself, and as it didn't break the company kept hold of it and it got passed through a sucession of office gimps after i got promoted.