Honda Insight Hybrid MK 2 SOLD

xtriple

No pics, sorry.

Mint, immaculate '60' reg Insight. Very low mileage, private plate, air con/climate control, flappy paddle gearbox (CVT) parking sensors, alloy wheels/new tyres (cheap and nasty shit the dealer fitted as the Bridgestones had cracked!) heated seats, 4 electric windows, CD player with controls on the steering wheel, cruise control (horrible to use!)... loads of goodies.

Full service history all Honda, and just had all new brakes (discs and pads front and back as the old ones had gone very rusty as I left it unused for months last winter!) and a new 12V battery (for the same reason). Also just had new air and pollen filters and a gearbox service even though it wasn't due!

Just banged it into 'We buy any crap' and they offered £6170 for it which is a hell of a drop since the last time I did it (August last when they offered £7000). It is taxed ( a whole tenner a year!) and moted until the end of August 2016. These are retailing for about £8-9000!

I don;t suppose anyone on here will be interested but if you are, then £6000 to a shiter. I hate the thought of WBAC making a fortune and would rather see it going to a good home. Very cheap (auto) p/x considered.

It really is immaculate. It had a scuff on the front bumper underneath and I had that re-sprayed and a few parking dents in the door and they were dealt with as well - yes, I am a fussy old tart!

All the dog slobber and muddy footprints can be eradicated of you insist, but if you have a sense of style then you will insist on keeping them as they add 'speed lines' down the flanks and show it will go faster than thirty!

It is silly on fuel - 60 on a run is easy.... once you learn the new way of driving and it is great round town 40 odd easy again. It is fun to drive in a different way and it's a quirky, interesting car.

All the IMA stuff is under warranty for another three years and the rest of the car has Honda warranty until the end of August.

I have got to get rid, it has not been used/started for a month already since I got the Bentley back and I have no great desire to use the Honda at all! Shame, but there you have it! If I don't get rid, It will end up with rusty brakes again and I ain't spending no more cos I is skint!

So,  Shiters bargain..... £6000 - 'old yer 'and out'!

All good points, but, I can't be arsed! I will sell it to WBAC if I have to but I don't really want to....  I have no problem with anyone on here getting  a bargain, if I had the money (and I mean this!) I would give everyone on here a few quid when they need it! I can't but if someone wants a bargain then they are welcome!

Personally , I'd rather spend £5500 on coke and hookers then £500 on an old Accord Coupe.

But, that seems a very fair price, have you tried your Honda dealer? With all those prospective Golf purchasers,looking for quality* petrols and hybrids, it must have increased demand for these at main dealers. They can often surprise with what they're willing to pay especially if they know the car.

Personally , I'd rather spend £5500 on coke and hookers then £500 on an old Accord Coupe.

But, that seems a very fair price, have you tried your Honda dealer? With all those prospective Golf purchasers,looking for quality* petrols and hybrids, it must have increased demand for these at main dealers. They can often surprise with what they're willing to pay especially if they know the car.

Agreed, we got substantially more from a Honda main dealer than from WBAC for our S2000, talk to your main dealer you may be surprised.

I've stuck it on Autotrader for £6510 which is what they suggested... then you read the others for sale and it's the cheapest by thousands! Makes it look like there's something wrong with it! It's also the lowest mileage one I can find at its year.

Oh well, if it sells great. It's just taking up space and deteriorating sat outside. Better clean the bugger I suppose!

There's a guy supposedly coming down tomorrow to collect this fine car. He has bid me down a bit but not bothered to much...  he should be here early afternoon, which is great but he doesn't have my address so how is he going to get here?

Loads of people from London want it LEZ?

Well, this is proving surprisingly popular! So far had about a dozen calls for it, mostly from that London place and just had one from Yorkshire! Chap called this morning and IS coming down today, mid afternoon - but another chap wanted me to kick him in the balls and he'd be straight over with the cash... from Yorkshire, straight over....

Yeah right.

Just cleaned it inside properly as it is actually NOT raining for the first time in six weeks (thank God I live at the top of a hill) and it is in really good order - the waterproof seat cover I got for the back seats has done its job perfectly - not a mark on the thing... apart from a few dozen dog hairs. How the hell do dog hairs get EVERYWHERE? Hoovering the car and turn my back and there's more of the bastards!

I think it's up for too little to be honest. I am mug....

Just had we WANT any car on the phone trying to buy it and the nice lady couldn't seem to understand why I didn't want to accept their offer of £5515 for it. I told her three times that WBAC had offered £6170! Apparently, lowest figure wins?

Gone, sold, departed!

Chap turned up 45 minutes late (not bad from London), had a look round it and handed over the cash! He was Polish or Rumanian or something and a decent enough chap.... his wife was FUCKING UNBELIEVABLY HOT though! She was proper drop dead gorgeous and I would have given him the car for a dirty hour or two!

So many people from London, Yorkshire, Birmingham have called about this car and so many of them, I couldn't understand a fucking word they were saying! The one word they did manage to get out properly was: 'discount' or 'bottom price'   of 'final price'. One guy, having established 'final price' then wanted another £100 off to cover his travel expenses!

It is obvious to me that I advertised it far too cheaply. Autotrader suggested price so that's what I went with. Ho hummmmmmmm!

Thanks for the update, I'd gathered it had gone, just want to hear the details like OMGHOTBURD! (pics or it never happened)

You advertised it priced to sell, rather than sit around dealing with mongs for weeks. That would of wrecked you head even more.

Anyway, can we change the title to "Bentley junkie snaps hand off guy offering CASH for 'onda as he needs to fuel his next fix"