vectra 1.8 elegance accident damaged

bub2006

Due to gumtree dicks (two fail to show and 1 asking to drive it home ive had enough. Anyone interested in it? Open to sensible offers. Had 300 quid spent on it not long before accident,water pump,tensioner,cambelt and new discs and pads . Car needs lower rad mount,front bumper and sump fitting. I have a sump for it and have fitted rad. Also needs a couple of tyres or a set of ebay wheels. I planned on sticking it on ebay but doubt ill have the patience! Offers welcome please. Car near derby.

post-5685-0-85678600-1451582990_thumb.jpg

post-5685-0-65966300-1451583022_thumb.jpg

post-5685-0-22060300-1451583049_thumb.jpg

post-5685-0-17121700-1451583067_thumb.jpg

From what I see its just a case of sump,oil,cableties and coolant but. Also may need a flexi pipe. I cant guarantee anything. It did tow ok though. As for price I was putting a start bid of 99 quid on ebay and was on gumtree at £250 Ono knowing full well id have messers.

Right, chemical metal on the hole in the sump, some cable ties on the rad, put the spare on and then stick it on bumtree at £400 assuming it's got some MOT on it. Other than that it would be a case of probably paying someone to trailer it away. Why don't you just fix it and run it?

As it is you haven't a hope in hell of getting £250 for it.

bub2006, on 31 Dec 2015 - 6:07 PM, said:

its just a case of sump,oil,cableties and coolant but. Also may need a flexi pipe. I cant guarantee anything. It did tow ok though.

I promise you faithfully if you put it on eBay with pictures of it on the wall and that exact description I will bid on it.

Right, chemical metal on the hole in the sump, some cable ties on the rad, put the spare on and then stick it on bumtree at £400 assuming it's got some MOT on it. Other than that it would be a case of probably paying someone to trailer it away. Why don't you just fix it and run it?

As it is you haven't a hope in hell of getting £250 for it.

One of blokes offered 180 to collect asap but he messing about. To be honest I just want it to go to and be fixed. Its a bloody good car. Irrelevant of peoples jokes etc it's too good to weigh in.

It's a shame after all the offers of practical and financial help to get it back on the road...

Its a big shame to me too but the insurance company was being arsey and needed to get a car hence buying the Picasso for my grandmother to be taken out,job hunting etc.

How can he formulate an offer before he's seen the car? It's this bizarre breed that survive on gumtree offering a sort of 'valuation over the telephone service'. Nevertheless if he's got money in his hand then so be it.

Other than that you could always limp it down a farm track, get shut of the plates, put the glass through and marinate the back seats in a gallon of Esso's finest. A load of dry cardboard should help as well.

bub2006, on 31 Dec 2015 - 6:45 PM, said:

Trying to get my feet on the ground re. Job,finances etc. New year,new start.

I thought you were doing the man van thing, I seem to recall you were doing ok on Facebook with it?

As above, for £180 I'd snatch that fella's hands off, that's almost certainly more than double what you'll get from the scrapyard.