2001 Saab 9-3 2.0T Convertible - Soiled. I mean Sold.

Pillock

Due to sudden loss of storage and the parking nightmare we have round here, I can't really keep this so it's time for some other lucky soul to be an owner. Quite gutted to be writing this but it seems the alternative is just park it outside random people's houses half a mile away.

FACTZ:

Manual

MoT until May 19th

Six Hundred Quid

Car located near M1 Junction 22

Good bits:

Electrical things work, including 4x EW, heated seats, air conditioning, CD changer, electric hood, headlamp wash/wipe.

SID has no missing pixels

Decent tread on the tyres, don't go looking for premium brands though.

MASSIVE amount of service history - huge folder totalling over 8k

New hood fitted by a Saab dealer a couple of years back. It's really good, not a single leak - and typically it pisses it down every time I take this car out.

Turbo isn't very old, there's a receipt for it from two years back or so.

Leather is all there, a little worn on the drivers seat but not ripped or worn out.

Autoshite Bike - ex-Cavcraft, ex-Stephen01. Comes with free Autoshite sticker.

Was once sat in by Billy's Guard Dog

It's got a personal plate, ideal if your name is John and you own a lemon farm.

Goes like stink.

Bad bits:

It's not mint. Front bumper has a patch of paint missing, rear bumper had been touched in, couple of carpark dings and there appears to be a slight crease just above the rubbing strip that I probably could have got away with not mentioning. Damn.

Air Con Control has some segments missing, I've got a repair kit here that I've not used yet as the soldering skills outweigh my talents.

Brakes need doing. Advisory last MOT and despite having loads of meat left on them, they're a bit noisy. They stop OK though.

Advisory for torsion bar play 

The headliner has come unclipped from the frame in the centre. It's meant to be an easy fix, just clips back on but I'm being thick and I can't make it work. You literally just half-fold the top so there's a gap to get your arm in but I can't feel how the clip goes on.

It's winter and it's a stupid time to have to sell a floppytop.

20150529_205830.jpg

20150529_193352.jpg

20150529_205801.jpg

20150530_214022.jpg

I wanted to buy this last time it came up!  And only yesterday I put down a deposit on one!  It's an auto though, Mrs Pirate's dodgy knee rules out a manual.  That looks fine value though, many of those I've looked at have had shrunken/leaky hoods, so a recent replacement is a big plus.

Won't be ROFLing it yet as there's a Rover currently up for grabs and it always seems that too many raffles at once, neither gets a full complement of sold tickets. But it's definitely an option, it'll be a tenner a ticket if/when it comes to that.

Yeah, sorry Mr Pirate, I've amended the advert to say it's a Manuel rather than Mills-o-tronic. I knew there was something I missed.

Price reflects the fact it's pissing it down right now! You could be warm and dry sat on gently heated beef through the winter, slap some brake disks on it and double your money* in the summer.

* (Value of your investment may go up as well as down. Seek professional financial advice. Pillock is not regulated by the FSA, or anyone apart from Mrs_Pillock. If anyone asks, it wasn't me)

Looks like another collection thread....just like buses, none for ages then I land three in as many weeks.

Not for me though, this one. It's not got a three pointed star for starters.... No, F-i-L has always loved Saabs and when I showed him this one at teatime, his eyes glazed a little.

Anyhows, plan is I'll flog his Scenic for him which should cover a fair bit of the purchase price of this one anyway, then he can use this as his daily with the added advantage that we can borrow it for the odd away day. All the benefit of a cabby without having to actually buy and tax the thing!

Of course, I'll have to maintain it for him but it can't be any more demanding than the Renault which has had an engine rebuild (timing belt went bye byes), new alloys and tyres which I liberated from a scrappy pxer and new discs and pads all round.

Being a very late model mk1, it should find a buyer easily enough as they have a bit of a following, being of far better build quality (not difficult, admittedly) than the newer ones.

More to follow Sunday morning...