Classic insurance

Bren

Footman James here too.

BX & GS on the same policy. Me and the good Lady, agreed value, 6000 mile limit, driving to work cover, salvage retention etc etc. Strangely they dropped the garage requirement this year, but did not really affect the premium.

Alfa is with Adrian Flux.

Never been with Adrian Fliux but when I have had quotes staff have been sarcastic and quite rude - easy when you are on the phone. If I had called into a branch I would have skulldragged them over the counter.

This alone stopped me giving them my business.

Yeah, the AF crew can be a bit sarky, but they are always the cheapest for the Alfa. Don't know why they are like that though.

FJ are sub 200 for both motahs on the one policy. So no brainier there. No stipulation that the cannot be both driven at the same time as we have taken them both to car shows.

If it's a case of you want the agreed value, I think Admiral can do that. They're pretty cheap as well. Only reason I'm staying with Aviva is it worked out cheaper to get breakdown recovery with them, but if you're not OMG UNDER 25 that may not be the case.

All classic insurers do agreed value, though many will require a "professional* valuation" of your car which they will charge for.

I'm currently using Footman James, they're very cheap and very efficient.

Peter James used to have good prices and the most brilliant customer service, but this no longer seems to be the case. The last few times I contacted them, they seemed thoroughly uninterested and their quotes were 20% higher than FJ ! Shame.

​
Classicline are pretty good overall, I only changed them because PJ were cheaper and came highly recommended. I would definitely ask them for a quote when my current policy is due for renewal.

I had used Lancaster a few years back, they did the "quote a crazy amount at renewal to see if the client is a gullible fool" trick, which I wasn't impressed with. I changed them on principle and won't be going back.

Adrian Flux - found them to be rude and unhelpful as well. Also "taxed" me with document fees and so on. FRO.

Got the exact same policy cheaper with Just Kampers. Not helpful info for an SD1 I know...

Footman James - Started off OK but kept winding up the price. Binned them off 3 years ago, they also had an irritating rider that I had to be a member of the Minor Club or my policy would be invalid. Oh, really.. NEXT! Peter James was the James of FJ I believe and this is where I have stayed. £85 all in for both Morrises, commuting allowed, Mrs R on policy, no mileage limit. Only restriction compared to "normal" insurance is it doesn't cover driving other vehicles.

Lancaster renewal through for my Mercedes-and a 100% increase in premium to £179.00 A Plan insure my (modified but not pineappled) VW T5. Quoted £114 with no excess, so took it. No one else offered no excess so A Plan now insure both my car and van.

RH have always been very good, but as Garbaldy says they were taken over recently, so if there's a massive premium hike at my renewal I'll be going elsewhere.

I refuse to use FJ because I was insured with them (on my Austin A35) then they changed their policy and refused to offer me a renewal, saying they only covered under 25's if you had a Morris Minor and were a member of the Morris Minor club. What a load of bullshit. 

Rates have gone up generally for motor so don't be surprised if there is a small increase in your premium

You are joking right, every single car I've had with them has been a hunna bar and some shrapnel and that's been over the past eight odd years.

It's the only insurance I've ever had that hasn't gone up.