Looking for a Renault 25

Guest saskguy34

Guest saskguy34

Hey everyone..

So I just created an account today and this is my first posting.... 

I'm looking to buy a Renault 25 and ideally the V6 model or the 'Turbo Baccara' They seem to becoming rarer these days and very hard to find!! 

I live in Canada but I'm often over in the UK so collection is not an issue, I have trawled all classified adds in Northern America and to my surprise it reveled two Renault 25's for sale both in Florida. 

I would have jumped all over them had been been the right model i wanted, unfortunately they were not and my search continues.

If anyone out there has one or knows of one that may be or is for sale please message me, Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Many thanks Gareth.  

Guest saskguy34

I know a Chap who has imported two container's full of old bikes from Canada

And made a pretty packet so are cars cheeper over your side of the water too.

Hey... Yes big old American/Canadian cars from the 70s are dirt cheap here especially the 4 door sedans! We use a website called Kijiji and you can find lots of classics at very good prices.... 

I have thought about importing as something here that would cost you $1000 would likely sell in the UK for 5000!! 

This is so fucking unfair.

I just altered the search slightly for proper Renaults and this popped up:

http://www.leparking.fr/voiture-occasion-detail/renault-r16/renault-16-tx/TVA51502.html

f1777edf982f1a240a135351c9937ef29c93b08e

Do you really want my children to chew on bark and be denied a uni edmucashon?

It's all your fault. I'm not responsible...

Guest saskguy34

If this puppy is still for sale in Febuary it might be coming home with me.

http://www.leboncoin.fr/voitures/887613204.htm?ca=19_s

attachicon.gifrenault 25.jpg

Hey thats a nice looking ride!! I have found a few on the website that was given to me from one of the people above.... There are some nice R25's out there.

Quick question as I have never done it before, if you buy a car from France is there anything you need to do to bring it over to the UK?? Cheers. 

Why go to Britain first if you want the car in Canada? They have ports where the big ships go in France as well, you know....

If the car is still registered, you can drive it for 2 weeks with the old carte grise (title) as long as you are named as the new owner in that document (there is a field for that purpose). You do need insurance, which can be obtained from local agencies or even online.

I have a spare phase 1, v6.....

1986, I had started to recommission it after a lengthy lockup sojourn, ( since mid 90s) when my back failed.

It needs the metering head sorting, the pumps attaching properly, and a rear silencer. Sounded ok when it was running.

Might be persuaded out, as I've a couple of others, but it is a resto.

Hi,

prices for the models you want have risen...

There was (Phase 2)
- the v6 and v6 turbo (velours or black or beige leither)
- the v6 baccara (with extensive use of leather: grey or cognac)
- the v6 turbo baccara (always with the 205 HP cat engine)

V6 can still be bought quite cheap. However, you won't be able to buy decent baccara models for under 3000 Euros. I'd say more than 4000 euros for a V6T baccara. As you are in Canada I'd get the best one you can get your hands on...

This is the only V6 turbo baccara version on leboncoin.fr - a milage shocker:
http://www.leboncoin.fr/voitures/832382307.htm?ca=7_s

Others

http://www.leboncoin.fr/voitures/899970649.htm?ca=7_s
http://www.leboncoin.fr/voitures/485256198.htm?ca=7_s

Not really great offers out there at the moment. Maybe I should sell mine? That is this one:

P1050838.jpg

P1050780.jpg

daniel

p.s. That diesel looks great as well! Maybe a better choice than my Renault 30 as r20/30 seem to attract nutters..

Anyone else getting a feeling of déjà-vu?

f970a3a081f2724a1a58a627e7f281cd.jpg

I don't think so, the OP has messaged me about the 25 I had for sale a couple of years ago so I think he is genuine. I agree that he will be better off buying in France but as he lives in Canada it could be quite difficult trying to get a deal with a French seller. It is hard enough getting them to sell for export to the UK let alone Canada. Nigel's V6 might be worth a look for him but my personal preference is for the diesel. The phase 1 V6 was a bit of a nightmare with cam wear and the injection system was crap when I used to run them 20 years ago. I will be a right headache now I bet, just don't start a collection thread a month before you are collecting the car then bottle it due to fears of terror attacks and all will be well. I suspect the OP wouldn't of seen the crap we had from that Renault20tx fella and all the deja-vu comments have gone straight over his head.

panhard65, on 29 Dec 2015 - 4:06 PM, said:

I don't think so, the OP has messaged me about the 25 I had for sale a couple of years ago so I think he is genuine. I agree that he will be better off buying in France but as he lives in Canada it could be quite difficult trying to get a deal with a French seller. It is hard enough getting them to sell for export to the UK let alone Canada. Nigel's V6 might be worth a look for him but my personal preference is for the diesel. The phase 1 V6 was a bit of a nightmare with cam wear and the injection system was crap when I used to run them 20 years ago. I will be a right headache now I bet, just don't start a collection thread a month before you are collecting the car then bottle it due to fears of terror attacks and all will be well. I suspect the OP wouldn't of seen the crap we had from that Renault20tx fella and all the deja-vu comments have gone straight over his head.

Oh good... it just seemed like a hell of a coincidence that a Canuck Renault fan should turn up after the recent fun & games with our recent semi-transatlantic Renner (and window) licker... especially since there was a comment in the off-topic area recently that we didn't appear to have any Canadians in our little community :-)

TL:DR that's OK then, welcome to the madhouse saskguy34 :food-smiley-015: