Dumped cars in your area

D Spares & Tyres

In the episode I saw, the Fire Service were using a people carrier in decent nick for practice.

I would hope that the Fire Brigade over here actively seek out, and put money towards if possible, later model cars to practise lopping the roof off. I'd hate to be in a new car when they turn up to extract me and hear them go "Aaah well you see we've only ever taken the roof off Mk3 Fiestas, we're not sure how these airbag thingies work"

I do know they have specific instructions where to cut on a Prius as the hurty cables go through the a-pillars and those jaws things are definitely made of metal.

I would hope that the Fire Brigade over here actively seek out, and put money towards if possible, later model cars to practise lopping the roof off. I'd hate to be in a new car when they turn up to extract me and hear them go "Aaah well you see we've only ever taken the roof off Mk3 Fiestas, we're not sure how these airbag thingies work"

I do know they have specific instructions where to cut on a Prius as the hurty cables go through the a-pillars and those jaws things are definitely made of metal.

My mate who worked at Toyota in Derby said they fucked up making one and left some bolts out of the rear suspension on an Avensis - by the time it was found it was too late to fix for a reasonable cost so apparently they gave the Fire Brigade a brand new car to mess about with.  

It might just be a story though.

Back in 'the day' - we had civi fire service on the bases local to us..... they'd regularly use the cars left behind by anyone posted who couldn't be bothered to sell up. Event then it was bloody annoying watching Hillman Hunters, Singers and Triumphs being used for fire/rescue/bomb practice..... entertaining - but annoying.

I did score the Coventry Climax water pump though when they replaced it....... 

..to practise lopping the roof off. "Aaah well you see we've only ever taken the roof off Mk3 Fiestas, we're not sure how these airbag thingies work"...

I suspect that if you are at the point were the roof needs cutting off the airbag thingies will have already worked.

I suspect that if you are at the point were the roof needs cutting off the airbag thingies will have already worked.

Not necessarily, you may have been rear-ended hard enough to bust your back but I think front airbags only go off in a frontal collision, side airbags only in a side collision etc.

i think you may be confusing 

' don't immediately do the full keystone kops  response ' with don't do anything ... 

Nice patronising response - and not unusual in my experience of expressing dissatisfaction with any area of public services.

You might be right, maybe they are holding back a much greater tide of petty theft, shoplifting, fraud, vandalism, shit dangerous driving and so on by some kind of steath ninja techniques. 

Meanwhile the observably obvious rise in all of it just makes it look as if no-one is doing anything.

The knock kneed X5 look is caused by shagged rear bushes. X5's are so utterly hateful they should all be ovalled after being shorn of a 4.4 V8 (where fitted).  Trouble is they're basically a big E39 which means alloy wishbones so one good clout with a wanked Discovery and they're ooot.

Maybe an X5 only race? It would be short but sweet and the winner gets the sole distribution rights for the local estate.

I’m a big fan of the X5. Had a 3.0d for a short while and loved it - only sold as was offered strong money and it had to go. That said I am also a fan of the Cayenne’s and Range Rover Vogues which I will go on to say I also had (Range Rover Vogue in Td6 BMW lump geyser).....WHICH THEN leads me on to how I found Dollywobbler....I was scouring youtube watching reviews of the td6 and he popped up ha!....that leads to that, that leads to that and that lead to this which is how I ended up here.... plus my reluctance to pile £20k into a motor and suffer horrendous depreciation so I like to stick with the older, less electrical slightly more simple to work on vehicles...

Anyway, I’ve wondered off topic slightly!...lol

This appeared on friday

post-5612-0-90872600-1534096035_thumb.jpg

Passenger door looks like its been forced (probably not to steal, probably central locking failure), front end is smashed up, interior makes amys Zafira look good, 3 bald tyres and 13 months out of mot, untaxed and uninsured

Dvla aware, did think of calling 101 but couldn't quite bring myself to be one of those people

post-5612-0-46761800-1534096129_thumb.jpg

Fail sheet doesn't look too bad either even I wouldn't be too worried about that.

Front drivers window is half down too been twatting it down all weekend!

Someone appears to have dumped an aubergine Mercedes Vito in my local train station car park.

There was a pink Honda Jazz on a roundabout near me, accruing parking tickets on a daily basis, but not getting removed for some reason. 

After about a week some enterprising sort* pulled the numberplates off, and it was gone within 12 hours.

Ftfy

What are cartakeback etc offering you?

I annomously posted a pic on our local Facebook shitposting group and its been moved now! Into the car park opposite us, no idea if it belongs to whoever's allocated space it's now in, but I'll enjoy the drama if I see it! Dunno if the dvla will actually give a shit, I just filled the form.

Is it wrong of me that I've spent the weekend slightly wanting to save it? Apparently Amy heard it move and said it sounded fucking awful.