Dumped cars in your area

D Spares & Tyres

Dumped and Council Aware boggo spec 1999 Impreza 1.6 LX, ACZ 2578 - with usual teenage dreamer mods - in the far corner of Tesco Carrick's carpark. Still listed as taxed until June and MOT through to October, surprisingly.

attachicon.gif20180302_175730.jpg

attachicon.gif20180302_175714.jpg

attachicon.gif20180302_175750.jpg

attachicon.gif20180302_175802.jpg

attachicon.gif20180302_175738.jpg

attachicon.gif20180302_175700.jpg

attachicon.gifACZ 2578 - Tax Check 3 Mar 2018.png

I've a feeling that the very last mystery this Scooby Doo's going to be solving is 'Just What Happens Inside The Fragger?'.

Seen that, is it gone? I have a strange affection for these boggo impreza models

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

Seen that, is it gone? I have a strange affection for these boggo impreza models

Yeah, it hung around for another month or so after I'd snapped it, but now goneski... just found it weird that a relatively cult car with long tax and MOT would end up abandoned - and would have thought there was always reasonable value in a scrapper, even if just for panels from the rally school boys.

There also used to be a completely bASe spec early Impreza in Pogweasel pink knocking around Carrick, with the very small grille which only the pov versions were gifted, but haven't seen that for a right while now...

Yeah, it hung around for another month or so after I'd snapped it, but now goneski... just found it weird that a relatively cult car with long tax and MOT would end up abandoned - and would have thought there was always reasonable value in a scrapper, even if just for panels from the rally school boys.

There also used to be a completely bASe spec early Impreza in Pogweasel pink knocking around Carrick, with the very small grille which only the pov versions were gifted, but haven't seen that for a right while now...

Bet it had no insurance, common trick to cancel within the 14 days so you've insurance showing to get tax.....

I'd say even as a big standard 1.6 the insurance on that would be steep enough for a 17 year old

Bet it had no insurance, common trick to cancel within the 14 days so you've insurance showing to get tax.....

I'd say even as a big standard 1.6 the insurance on that would be steep enough for a 17 year old

Insurance isn't checked to get tax, hasn't been since 2014 IIRC.

^^^ Different rules in Northern Ireland, weirdly!

It's why I couldn't tax the Subaru straightaway when I bought it last month - not possible for me to tax it online as a new owner, because insurance details won't appear against cars registered to Northern Ireland addresses. No idea why, but I had to take paper stuff into a central Post Office for the privilege of handing over £170-odd.

There's an absolutely délicieux abandoned 2007 Renault Megane in convertible flavour dumped right outside my house, with a whacked front end. The thing that makes it irrésistable?

A bodged matte black wrap.

I'll get a photo.

irrésistible

Reasonably tidy looking '05 Primera abandoned half on the pavement just down from my house. Where it's parked is just off the main A143 road, I'd say it has suffered some kind of mechanical failure and has pulled off the road and been left there. It's been there a couple of months now, and has gained a notice from Mid Suffolk D.C stating it will be removed.

On the Bexhill bypass this week I saw a Freelander dumped on the side of the road and last month I saw a MGtf so I guess the road must be a K series killer.

So anyone driving a K series motor remember to keep a bottle of Kseal in the glovebox and a spare 5 litre can of coolant in the the boot if your driving along that road.

Or just tow that mobile water tank.

That's an actual brand-new car that's been dumped isn't it? Wonder what it's story is.

Not brand new. At least a decade old, so prime AS chod category. Clearly been in a collision (but where?) then brought to this spot by the Great North Road and left.

These 2 that have appearedin this thread in 2016 and 2017 , have gone.

Apparentlly they both got a Council Notice stuck on them and dissapeared a couple of days later, whether by the owner or someone helping themselves. Wish I'd had the plumbs to drag em away and apply for the logbooks.

Don't know how easy it is these days, mind.

post-17414-0-83806100-1528223582_thumb.jpeg