Dumped cars in your area

D Spares & Tyres

Most abandoned cars you see are just cheap appliances that have given up.

But, come on. For fuck's sake! Why would you abandon that?!

I mean, even if it's too fucked for the current owner's skills, you could still sell that for a decent bit of coin.

My colleague reckoned it was stolen and dumped, but I reckon someone ran out of storage and money and just dumped it there. You never know...

I was gonna say it might belong to onenof the staff at the hotel it's parked in but I doubt they'd leave it like that to the elements.

Whatever the story, it does seem rather strange that this car has ended up.like this. I have to say body wise didn't look bad, it had the signs of having, until recently, been well cherished.

YO....BOOOM

20170911_115528.jpg

20170911_115424.jpg

20170911_115508.jpg

20170911_153725.png

Spotted at the services where the A1 meets the A14. Apparently my colleague had seen it there a month before but looks like it's been there longer.

Can anybody post those over on Rods n Sods in case someone has lost it from storage without realising?

I visited a scrappy in Kidderminster a few months ago to look at a bonnet for a shiter and got chatting to the owner after he saw my old bean tin. He had a Mk1 scrote Mex and a Ford pickup, the one before the tranny, Thames I think, with a crank tilt bed.

Anyway, he was saying he didn't like what he did anymore. All cars (not only Vauxhalls) are shite coz they're plastic shit, says he. He had five 08 and three 09 cars there. Not crashed or dented but the electronic stuff gone tits up. Not worth repairing, seemingly.

This is what fuels the PCP boom. Folk are terrified they could spend a financed £5k say on a car that shits it's electronics after 18 months. Better to rent a warranted new car for the same monthly payment.

That T bird is fairly well known, I think every banger driver knows about it. It belongs to a chef in the restaurant where it's parked and he won't sell it. I think he imported it into the U.K himself. Can't believe it's still there and so neglected!

• 2 weeks later...

That T bird is fairly well known, I think every banger driver knows about it. It belongs to a chef in the restaurant where it's parked and he won't sell it. I think he imported it into the U.K himself. Can't believe it's still there and so neglected!

You would think Premier Inn would have told him to get it shifted before it gives out the wrong impression to customers or whatever. 

This dreadful piece of junk has been sitting in the former dray parking bay of the former pub at the end of my road for the last fortnight. No doubt it will be removed by the council soon, as it's attracting the attention of the local traffic warden: 

post-4796-0-86890000-1506626010_thumb.jpg

Personally, I'd like someone to apply fire to it.

• 4 weeks later...

37629980510_f6889392f2_o.jpg2003 MITSUBISHI 2977cc CANTER NJ03CKD by JOHN, on Flickr

37855718862_5b39c13033_o.jpgVAUXHALL ASTRA G CLUB 1598cc by JOHN, on Flickr

37166984113_409ccf1ab9_o.jpg2003 ALFA ROMEO 156 T SPARK TURISMO 1598cc YH03KFR by JOHN, on Flickr

37855676632_c34e185746_o.jpg2002 FORD GALAXY 1896cc GHIA TDI OV52BUE by JOHN, on Flickr

Odd one that Alfa Romeo - Was in one piece when parked up. 2003 Car that last mot ran out in 2007.

Yes knew of that one for years - but I avoid going to that estate. If it moves it will be nicked - if not then burnt out. Cats with tails are visitors and Dogs may be left on bricks. Theres a Mi16 rare one near here too that's been static 10 years +.

Did you find that red Peugeot 405 that is someones garden? I snapped a pic when I visited yours some years ago.