Dumped cars in your area

D Spares & Tyres

There is a job going, Gateshead area.... sort of 'sweeping up' on this thread lol

>> NSL Ltd.Enforcement Officer based in GATESHEAD removing untaxed vehicles on behalf of the DVLA de-clamp ANPR vehicle remove and impound the vehicle Police, DVLA and VOSA flexible in their attitude £17,017pa >>

.... I have to peruse the job sites, for my dole....

TS

In a local car park, only noticed due to the flat tyre but it has rusty discs, cobwebs etc.

Taxi seems to be abandoned in the car park opposite the sucoF

PE56BWU MoT'd today and passed with just under 204,000 on the clock so not abandoned but previous MoT ran

out September 2016!

post-20317-0-69610100-1503226253_thumb.jpg

This is in the car park of a pub that was closed down because of gang violence. Its been there two years I reckon. Not a good pic to see how green it is. In the background is a Micra that's been there for at least 6 months and since this shot a Scrote van, wheel less catering trailer and another car seem to have been dumped round the back.

Edit, The Aldi is on an M plate.

The pub was called the Tatters, can't remember its real name. The bucket has been there a long time too.

Earl of Dudley Arms. Some years back I used to drive through Dudley and the Black Country quite a lot and used to see second hand cars advertised from various pubs around that area.

Shame about the Audi, 2.6 V6 aswell.

I can't believe how bloody recent some of the dumped motors in this thread are!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The cost of repairing many 'moderns' when something shits its self often outweighs the cars value

The cost of repairing many 'moderns' when something shits its self often outweighs the cars value

This is of course true. But I'd still struggle to just dump something I'd originally spent thousands of pounds to buy. [philosophy] I suppose it's just a throwaway mentality these days.

[/philosophy]

Overgrown Galant in a back alley in Rugby. Clean MoT pass in 2009 but came off the road shortly afterwards without being tested again and has been here ever since by the look of it.

36552509151_92de248f47_c.jpg

1997 Mitsubishi Galant 2.0 GLS estate by Adam Floyd, on Flickr

36643872546_55725bb106_c.jpg

1997 Mitsubishi Galant 2.0 GLS estate by Adam Floyd, on Flickr

I visited a scrappy in Kidderminster a few months ago to look at a bonnet for a shiter and got chatting to the owner after he saw my old bean tin. He had a Mk1 scrote Mex and a Ford pickup, the one before the tranny, Thames I think, with a crank tilt bed. 

Anyway, he was saying he didn't like what he did anymore. All cars  (not only Vauxhalls) are shite coz they're plastic shit, says he. He had five 08 and three 09 cars there. Not crashed or dented but the electronic stuff gone tits up. Not worth repairing, seemingly.

attachicon.gifDSCF0006.JPG

This is in the car park of a pub that was closed down because of gang violence. Its been there two years I reckon. Not a good pic to see how green it is. In the background is a Micra that's been there for at least 6 months and since this shot a Scrote van, wheel less catering trailer and another car seem to have been dumped round the back.

Edit, The Aldi is on an M plate.

Further to this, there is a silver Pt cruiser with at least one flat tyre right at the back that I hadn't noticed till today. 

Place is turning into scrap yard.

• 3 weeks later...

This was getting moved from spot to spot on the same street once or twice a week for quite a while but it hasn't moved for weeks now. The boot is sitting unlatched. Still taxed and has MOT until January, 108k miles at it's last test. MOT history suggests some neglect.

36925837131_f74028f15c_k.jpg

Dumped Fiat Punto by MattLikesCars, on Flickr

36878994986_8771f42cbc_k.jpg

Dumped Fiat Punto by MattLikesCars, on Flickr

An Alfa 156 estate with flaking matt black paintwork and brush-painted red wheels was improving the house prices on my road for months until the council finally carted it away a few days ago.  I don't know who keeps doing this but the Alfa replaced the Kangoo van I photographed earlier in this thread, which sat there for almost a year before finally being lifted.  Now that the Alfa's gone, a few feet away is an X-reg Clio which looks very tidy for its age but the passenger front window's been partially open since it arrived about 2 weeks ago and a swift online check shows it has no MOT and is sorned,

The council are being very proactive about this one after taking months to deal with the last two, it's already got a council sticker on it, as has the 53-plate Meriva sat on a flat tyre further down the road, that hasn't moved in some time either.

I live on a fairly quiet road which gets very little through traffic and has masses of on-street parking so I guess it's a popular dumping ground, I just don't get why you'd bother.  The nearest scrapyard is about 2 miles away and you'd at least get £40 or so from them for a runner, that's what they offered me for the 45 if I drove it in.  Both local yards offered free collection too, although they don't pay you for the weigh-in.

Further to this, there is a silver Pt cruiser with at least one flat tyre right at the back that I hadn't noticed till today.

Place is turning into scrap yard.

Thought I recognised where that was from your photo, drive past there every so often. Been there a while that Audi has

Picture lifted from the express and star story on the place from January 2016

3de3c838000ac34b9b5400b67ca4cc9e.jpg

Been driving past a 6N Polo which looks like it collided with a deer on the A272 for the past 2-3 months. There's been a Police Aware sticker on it for a month now, but it's still not been lifted, possibly because it's in quite a dangerous location..