Dumped cars in your area

D Spares & Tyres

53 plate Ovolv estate burnt out in a layby on the Romsey Road between Winchester and Hursley in Hampshire. Looks like an engine fire (don't know if deliberate or not). Front end charred to hell. 

Several caravans have been dumped in recent months just north of Winchester, all total mouldy wrecks that are always chock full of rubbish (as in up to the ceiling full). Presumably cheaper than a skip! Two birds, one stone. The way they're usually 'parked', it's clear the towcar has hardly stopped before his mate has leapt out and pulled the hitch before driving off quick. 

Here's that Kia. It's been like this for well over a week now.

I know we don't ask about this on here any more but I'm seriously tempted to make enquiries about it. Even if the owner does resurface, apart from a wheel, surely it can't require any investment?

Focus has gone btw, surprised at that, MOT history shows it's been quite lame for years.

The problem is gaining legal ownership - I tried very hard to obtain an abandoned 3-door Sierra years back, but even if you apply for and get a V5 you don't technically own the car and you would be TWOC or stealing to remove it.

This Mitsubishi Pajero has been sitting in the council car park down the road from my house for a couple months now (you may recognize it from the lazy spotters thread)

34494551334_bd9686f042_o.jpg

IMG_0160 by MorrisItalSLX, on Flickr

It belongs to a local cafe owner (cafe next door to car park in question), but once he sold the cafe his car hasn't moved. I still see him around town and have been tempted to offer to take it away for him, as despite its looks, its a sound and well looked after car.

Newest dumped car?

IMG_20170314_093544.jpg

11 Plate Galaxy.... photo taken in March this year (stumbled across it last night) but Tax ran out in Feb and hasn't been done since, still got a bit of MOT left but three flat tyres and a nice mossy patch around it says it's probably doomed. Also note odd coloured door suggesting someone didn't give a toss about it anyway.

Edit - it's got a really weird MOT history given it's a 2011 car. Tested in Oct 2012, March 2013 and then September and March every year until 2016, when it had a random one in June and back to October.

53 plate Ovolv estate burnt out in a layby on the Romsey Road between Winchester and Hursley in Hampshire. Looks like an engine fire (don't know if deliberate or not). Front end charred to hell. 

Several caravans have been dumped in recent months just north of Winchester, all total mouldy wrecks that are always chock full of rubbish (as in up to the ceiling full). Presumably cheaper than a skip! Two birds, one stone. The way they're usually 'parked', it's clear the towcar has hardly stopped before his mate has leapt out and pulled the hitch before driving off quick. 

Update: Passed it on the way into work tonight, windows stoved in and someone's clearly had the gearbox as the engine is out (sans 'box) and sitting neatly to one side! 

Local Skoda Roomster has moved from it's dangerous spot right by the roundabout to a couple of hundred yards down the street, still with flat n/s tyre, would say it was actually moved with the flat, rear bumper all split, drivers side mirror case smashed, nsf corner badly dented, 14 plate and fucked, won't pass an MOT in it's current state unless it is tested by the same blind chimp that MOT'd Dollywobblers Bluebird

34890576803_0747e15de9_o.jpg2001 PEUGEOT 206 CC 1997cc KL51RXK by JOHN, on Flickr

34858971744_0900a7af41_o.jpg2001 PEUGEOT 206 CC 1997cc KL51RXK by JOHN, on Flickr

34858976884_69a1e3782d_o.jpg2001 PEUGEOT 206 CC 1997cc KL51RXK by JOHN, on Flickr

Dumped at the roadside here for 3 weeks I know of. About 3 hours after this picture was taken an RAC van and man  was here trying to get it running.
Registration KL51RXK
Make PEUGEOT
Model 206 CC   
Date of first registration October 2001
Year of manufacture 2001
Cylinder capacity 1997cc - PETROL
Export marker No
Vehicle status Not taxed - Tax due 01 November 2008
No MOT - Expired 16 July 2008
Vehicle colour BLUE          

Terrible photo (I was in hurry, as people were looking) of a 2005 Focus with suspension issues (I couldn't ascertain whether it was accident damage or mechanical failure) which has been at the side of the road at the 'nicer' end of Bournemouth Park Road in Southend since at least last Friday morning. You might be able to make out the parking ticket under the passenger side wiper:

post-4796-0-21091000-1499665838_thumb.jpg

I don't think it will be there for much longer, especially since it has attracted the attention of local vandals overnight. I presume that it's 'lost or stolen' or owned by someone who doesn't register cars in their own name and abandons them when they break, as apart from the suspension and vandal damage, it's in quite decent shape.

This Mitsubishi Pajero has been sitting in the council car park down the road from my house for a couple months now (you may recognize it from the lazy spotters thread)

34494551334_bd9686f042_o.jpg

IMG_0160 by MorrisItalSLX, on Flickr

It belongs to a local cafe owner (cafe next door to car park in question), but once he sold the cafe his car hasn't moved. I still see him around town and have been tempted to offer to take it away for him, as despite its looks, its a sound and well looked after car.

Update: Tyres have now been slashed and the aerials and wiper arms have been pulled off, surprised the local authorities haven't stickered it and removed the number plates yet as the cop shop is next door.

There's a Sedona at the end of our street, been there 3 years looking forlorn. Flat tyres, dirty and generally unloved. It's never moved. 71k on the clock from what I can see - think its a 2003.

Weighing it in would surely land the owner a 100 quid or so, luckily for him it's in his own personal parking space on private land (10 foot).

I'll try and get a pic later.