Ronald Mc_Bo11ox's LAGUNA ODYSSEY OMG FTP SOS ETC LOL

Mr_Bo11ox

Mine went in for a service yesterday. Absolutely nothing was wrong mechanically apparently. I fixed the headlight auto-adjustment sensor arm too, so the lights now go up and down properly and not blind people.

The Laguna love on here seems to have dropped off nowadays. I think its because it turns out that, unless you have a really early one, they aren't* that bad.

Saying that, my Grandads 52 plate example had an episode where the stop button wouldn't stop the engine. That fixed itself. Now the stop button stops the engine and, inexplicably, opens up the driver side rear window.

Only a Laguna etc

All this talk of Laguna reliability is lies I tell you! 

As I speak my brothers 03 Tourer 1.9 DCI is back in the garage for the 3rd time this year and it had shed loads of cash spent on it already.

Even I'm hating it now and I'm not the one out of pocket.  Will update our thread soon so people can see what ' real ' Gonna ownership is like.  :-)

having a diesel gooner and paying a garage to look after it is mental 

Having a Gonner as your daily for a 100 mile round trip a day for a commute is probably asking a bit much!

The engine itself  ' so far ' has been fine in terms of reliability it's the electrics and everything else attached to it that's been the problem.  

I'm no mechanic and neither is my brother but I'm happy to tackle basic jobs i.e oil change etc. Though as we have only limited tools and space etc if you need the car fixing quickly as it your daily then you have few options but to pay a garage.

PS great to hear the red one is still chugging on, amazing to think how close it came to being fragged when it bust its spring and shredded the tyre before I'd even driven it. Is the dephaser still clattery?

Yes, but it's not getting any worse. I don't generally notice it, but when I do I just pretend I'm driving a Talbot Horizon.

PS. Did you know it also snapped a front spring, a while back, with associated tyre shreddage?! That's been the only thing I've had to spend out on, apart from tyres.

All this talk of Laguna reliability is lies I tell you! 

As I speak my brothers 03 Tourer 1.9 DCI is back in the garage for the 3rd time this year and it had shed loads of cash spent on it already.

Even I'm hating it now and I'm not the one out of pocket.  Will update our thread soon so people can see what ' real ' Gonna ownership is like.  :-)

having a diesel gooner and paying a garage to look after it is mental

^^ exactly this. Diesel Lagunas should be treated as consumable and disposable objects. When they break in anyway, you dispose of them and move onto the next.

BREAKING NEWS!

(Quite literally, LOL.)

Due to inattention of an apathetic owner/driver (me) the exhaust has now fallen off the red Gooner.

Currently temporarily* held up with the handle from one of those fabric shopping bags like the ones Bodyshop used to do back in the day that all the girls at school (who were too cool for a Head bag) carried their books around in.