Ronald Mc_Bo11ox's LAGUNA ODYSSEY OMG FTP SOS ETC LOL

Mr_Bo11ox

To be honest, although you don't actually need the car, it was so cheap you'd have been mad not to buy it. I for one hope it's actually an ace car, it's good to prove the doubters wrong.

The locking problem will be the microswitches in the card - you can get into them to fix it, but the card is glued together so you have to be really careful with a stanley knife and then glue the bloody thing back together. This is what the £15 ebay blokes do for you (with a varying degree of competence)

Suggest maybe get a useless card from a scrappy and practice...

Top bomb though! £120 is mental. I suppose you could just leave it unlocked all the time, who's going to steal it?

You are a gentleman for not beating the price down in true ebay/mouthbreather fashion. And you declined a test drive as well. If carlsberg did ebay buyers.......

I wouldn't give two shits about the central locking - no one will steal it, if they could what would they use? An organ donor card?

Get the noise sorted on the engine and at a push look for a replacement door in the same colour.

Then enjoy.......

Fantastic. That is a really good looking car *here comes the Laguna II geek* with it's Privilège spec satin chrome door handles, flame red paintwork and headlight washers for those xenon headlights telling oncomers that you're in a rather posh Laguna II. I'm a big fan of those wheels too which don't have the buckling phenomenon that affects the Silverstones. That velour is so satisfying to clean as well. Some carpet cleaner and a damp cloth and that'll come up lovely. Top purchase, I'm actually jealous.

Also - if you can feel a physical button clicking in the card when you're trying to lock, but the red light isn't lighting up, try bending the card in different ways as you press the button. This has been the case on a few of mine.

Look forward to following this one. Well done.

The main annoyance on it is the central locking not working – to lock it you have to get everybody out, open the passenger door, ‘central lock’ it with the button on the centre console then lock the passenger door with the metal key. Obv that’s a right fanny on. I presume the key card is to blame for that…

Its a £120 car - why the hell are you bothering to lock it? I dont even bother locking the wifes car and that cost just shy of £9000

Thats a habit that came about from working in Manc and having more than one side window twatted in whilst scallys searched for money / car radio / anything else that they could rob. So I stopped leaving anything of value in the car and stopped locking them.

Windows broken since 1993  - nil

Nice purchase though.

We had a 2003 espace DCI which im led to believe is the same platform.

Much fun Ensued* worst car of ever. It had similar locking issues which soldering the key didn't solve. In the end we never locked it.

I think modern pez Renaults are less likely to grenade themselves (unless you are scarycortina) and as shit as these are I think they are a nicer looker than a similar vintage mondeo / vectra and becoming a rare sight on the roads - you still see mk1 lagunas mooching about but mk2 numbers are dwindling.

The thing is that to the average person this looks like a modern well specced desirable motor and not something to be picked up for just over a ton. Of course to the internet experts you are entering a world of pain, but that does look very tempting at that price and I hope that this works out well. Wouldn't make much of a story though!