Your Rover SD3 stories (mine has ended)

eddyramrod

If foad can't weld it up, it needs making into bean can fodder. You can't save em all.

I wrote something similar, and deleted it for fear of sounding an arse.

I'm conflicted. FoaD has sunk a lot of time into it, and the owner money. So giving up now doesn't make much sense. But the other part of me would be making it go on fire within the hour.

Giving up doesn't make any sense at all, except for my stress levels, which have been through the roof for way too long, mostly over this car.  I shouldn't have bought it, that's the reality.  I was on the rebound from my lovely (murdered) MR2 and placed a blind bid.  And won*.

I'm still grieving and angry over that MR2.

I'm conflicted. FoaD has sunk a lot of time into it, and the owner money. So giving up now doesn't make much sense. But the other part of me would be making it go on fire within the hour.

This is why I would have liked to step in.

So much has already been done.

Financially viable - Hell no

Nice to see it completed and back on the road - Hell yeah

I've got to be realistic, Dan.  I can't save it.  I can give FOAD all the encouragement under the sun but if he doesn't believe he can do it, then my words won't help.  Having seen the pictures I have to agree with him. 

Best just to write off what I've spent and look forward to the next Roffle win....

I agree, it does.  I paid good money for this car.  I'm hoping that offering it for FREE will entice someone into taking it on.

Don't forget guys: you won't have to pay FOAD for the work he's done.  That's a contract between him and me.  All you have to do is go and get it, then come and see me for the paperwork.  That really is all there is to it.

I've got to be realistic, Dan.  I can't save it.  I can give FOAD all the encouragement under the sun but if he doesn't believe he can do it, then my words won't help.  Having seen the pictures I have to agree with him. 

Best just to write off what I've spent and look forward to the next Roffle win....

It's a bitter pill to swallow losing the car and your outlay. But you can't really go on throwing money at it if it's that bad. You and FOAD did your best to save it but...

Is there any way you could maybe get another better less rusty car and make one good car from the two?

The amount of time I've invested in it so far isn't much compared with the time and effort I would actually need to get the car finished and through an mot. My aim was always to get this done as quickly and cheaply as possible so that eddy could get a bit of use out of it but as the job has went on its just gotten worse and worse with rust appearing everywhere.

It would be great if someone else would take it on but the location and work required I can see putting a lot of people off.

There's a good few bits that I can't comprehend where to start.

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

Nice work FOAD that does look quite bad. I suspect the best way to tackle that bit would be to get a donor part to weld in as making the bit up would be a nightmare. God knows how you'd find that part though.

These are really rare now, surely it's worth putting it on eBay with no reserve if no one on here can save it. Or mothball it for a couple of years if that's an option.

ebay: just no.  That would be a logistical nightmare with the car 200 miles away from the seller!

Mothball: isn't that where it's just been for over a year?

No and no, I've come to the end of my tether.

ebay: just no.  That would be a logistical nightmare with the car 200 miles away from the seller!

Mothball: isn't that where it's just been for over a year?

No and no, I've come to the end of my tether.

Fair enough, I completely understand the reluctance to venture onto eBay. Hopefully someone can sort it on here. I would be happy to home it but don't have the means to get it here. But if anywhere can save it then AS is that place.

I'd potentially be interested in taking this on, though it would certainly be a long term project.

I share FOADWERX with Scott too, so it wouldn't need to travel very far!

Seriously?  You need a day out to Barrow to sign stuff!