Punting a Punto

Barry Cade

Just picked up a Zafira tonight, so our wee Punto has to go. Its a 1.2 8v ELX 3 door, met grey with RED seats. Y reg,,,

Mot'd until about Jun/July and a genuine 50 thousand miles. It drives absolutley spot on, smooth and quiet- engine,gearbox and clutch perfect.Power steering (+city!),electric windows ,remote locking, trip computer always shows 45MPG+,  original Fiat tape deck with factory subwoofer!! 2 Brand New Firestones fitted to the front about 1000 miles ago. Few marks around it, especially what the Edinburgh seagulls left on the roof... The ABS has been disabled as the pump was a bit dicky , and the light permanently switched off. To fix this you'd need a pump, and a set of clocks.... you'd get both from the scrappys for less than 40 quid if it was even noticed on the MOT and an easy fit.. Also the handbrake cable has literally just snapped. Why does this always happen ...

It really does drive superbly- I've driven many Puntos and this is by far the best for a long time.  I'll get some pics if I ever see it in daylight again. but it looks just like this...

4.jpg

Hopefully a shiter will take it before I stick it on Gumtree. Shiters discount- £175.

EDIT:

✆MOT

Expires: 17 July 2016

Well, this took an unexpected twist today. Someone from here had dibs on the Punto, so with Zafira repairs done, I got the Punto in position to get it ready to be gone. Emptied all the wife's "belongings" , dug out the paperwork, and went to get started on fitting the new handbrake cable I'd purchased this morning. Jack and stands out the shed, and cracked the rear wheelnuts. Stuck the jack under the jacking point, and up it went, only to come straight back down again with a sickening crunch. Jack right through the floor!

I had a wee dig - the underseal looked perfect, and the floor took a pounding when I had it up on the 2 poster in July when it got an MOT and service. To say I was slightly taken aback... rust had spread quite a way under the underseal and had obviously weakened the floor. Obviously couldn't let it go to someone else with such a question mark over it so it'll be getting parked up for now. Had Italian cars for many years, but first time I've been surprised like this. Don't make 'em like they used to.

Massiv apologies to the person who was going to be the next owner.

:oops:

Square or link sausage threat?

I bought some of them there Scottish square sausages recently...in Scotland. A breakfast pack it said.

Started off about 4 inches square, then after grilling they reduced in size to something akin to a postage stamp....

The pint of fat exuded caught fire and ruined the grill pan and the sausages. So much for breakfast. Had to make do with toast.

Not helpful. Just an observation like...

If you want to borrow a 4 post ramp and a welder to stick the floor back together we have one available in Cowdenbeath if it would help?

Thanks for the offer!  I've given the car to a mate with a wee garage who has helped me out in the past with ramps and vans etc. He's gonna weld it up and keep it as a  courtesy car.

This place is like a little village. Long may it continue.