citrien saxo FREE

bub2006

Would be great if e-c could take it on!

The Bosch pump goes straight onto a Lucasszz equipped TUD5, even the big cast mounting bracket is the same.

You'll want to swap the pump itself, the injectors and their metal pipes and maybe one or two of the plastic feed/ return pipes.  When the pump is off, remove the armour over the stop solenoid and run the switched live right to it.

Every Bosch VE I remove now, I change the shaft end seal for a modern viton one.  They're available on ebay for around £7, genuine.  I've had two go mushy due to biodiesel and when that happens it ruins your cambelt (and day!)

I'd love the PAS setup from your car Bub, but time and distance are against me.  Good luck mate.

20 year old 106d on retro rides for sale

Funnily enough, I've driven that exact car myself (back in July). Surplus now as he'd doubled up on Badermatic Glofs.

Thanks for the heads up guys!

I texted Micheal O'Donnell earlier and he said he has a guy coming to see it tomorrow. He gave me second dibs though. Fingers crossed. Thanks for keeping an eye out, much appreciated, its just the kind of thing im looking for!

Theres another red 106D 3 door in Stoke that I have my eyes on, ends in a few days.

Bub - I am trying desperately to find a good reliable 20 year old 106 with MOT, and if I do I can come and get this for spares and the Bosch pump.

I can tow home with the RAV4 on the A frame or trailer.

Please wait till thursday/friday so I can give you a descision!

You can text me on 07874 two three two 837.

I've tagged you on Faecesbook for a K reg 106 Derv. Also I have an engine & gearbox known good available but owner wants £100 the set.

Why are you after a 106 diesel, won't it be far too slow for you?

Can soon be sorted -  a guy did a sub 10 minute lap of the 'Ring in a standard derv 106...

I'm afer a reliable run about for 8 or 10 months, thats all, not need anything too quick. Has to be 20 years old and veggable though!

Seen that one a few days ago, might give them a call. Nice looking motor even if it is a more door!

Thanks again for the help!

I havenae driven a 106 in fairness, but surely it must be a depressing drive after a 205? 

I've only driven a petrol one but it feels a bit 'lighter' than a 205 but just as good to drive, the non-assisted steering is better as well.

Can soon be sorted -  a guy did a sub 10 minute lap of the 'Ring in a standard derv 106...

I think that was an AX diesel, unless TUDs are popular on the 'ring now.

18 laps of the course spread across 10 different trips from his home in Bordeaux, France, which is nearly 700 miles from the track... after all the trips to the Ring, the little Citroën has suffered, chewing through nine engines and five transmissions over the years.

http://www.autoblog.com/2014/01/30/diesel-citroen-nurburgring-lap-amazing/