For Sale - Metro Sport

dave21478

Its a long shot, but you never know.

Im selling the Metro. 

I hate this car and I love this car. I love its basicness, its zippyness, its driveability, its sharp feedback and its retro charm. I hate its harsh ride on the terrible local roads and the fact that while zippy is in reality quite slow. I hate the fact that I have no use for it and dont want to spoil it by using it for work.

The collection and work thread is here....

http://autoshite.com/topic/21167-metro-sport-metro-news/

The basic facts are its a 1990 Metro Sport 1275cc. 1 giffer owner before me. Zero rust, totally original and unmolested. 60k kilometers.

I have fitted a new battery, oil air and fuel filters (the fuel filter is a new addition, they dont have one as standard)and new oil. I have cleaned and flushed the coolant several times. The cooling system now appears ok, but it would maybe benefit from new hoses all round.

I have fitted 4 new Nankang 12" tyres on mini steels, having ground down the hubs to allow these to fit. It will also come with the original Metric wheels with ok-ish tyres.

I have also massaged out the dents in the door and wing - far from perfect but much better. I have touched up the scrapes all round too although the colour match is terrible its again better than it was.

Price? I think 1500 euros is a reasonable local price. Since buying this I have seen two others on LeBonCoin, one totally shafted and the other ok but no engine. Both seemed to sell for 800, so I think my price is not out of order given how rare they are.

That translates to about a thousand pounds, so lets say 950 with shiters discount.

Happy to collect from any nearby airport or station, and if you promise you are not a serial killer, you are welcome to stay a while in the spare bedroom chez moi.

I could maybe be persuaded to deliver to UK for the right deal.

I would also consider swapsies with cash either way as applicable. 

-A V6 Vectra B saloon or estate. Hatchbacks can fuck off.

-A useful 4x4 preferably with full time 4wd....Disco, Cherokee, Musso maybe? preferbly auto box.

-A cheap waftobarge with a pile of tenners in the glovebox.

Old photos - since then the suspension has been pumped up and paint, dents etc tidied.

post-17837-0-62511500-1448711125_thumb.jpg

post-17837-0-28381700-1448711181_thumb.jpg

post-17837-0-13068000-1448711235_thumb.jpg

Garte Gris is in my name and it has recently passed the CT.

That looks lovely.  Not think you'll regret selling it man?

Of course I will. Buy nice car, enjoy it briefly, invest lots of time and/or money into it, sell it just before scene tax cuts in and triples it value, post on here once a month moaning about how I owned one once and am forever priced out of buying another. Story of my life.

Of course I will. Buy nice car, enjoy it briefly, invest lots of time and/or money into it, sell it just before scene tax cuts in and triples it value, post on here once a month moaning about how I owned one once and am forever priced out of buying another. Story of my life.

When you put it like that....................... agreed.

A lovely part of the world, we went on holiday to Carcassonne the year before last and I could really see myself living there forever if I had no ties keeping me here. How did you end up there DaveNumbers? Am I right that you're an engrishman abroad?

My sister has lived further south for decades and bought a farm here maybe ten years ago. I was fed up of the UK so sacked off my job and came down to help her set up the farm. I found work and my own bizarre yet lucrative property deal near the farm and have been here ever since.

Time for a change though - things are.......Lets just say I dont think the future is going to be easy for non-French in France over the next few years.

A lovely part of the world, we went on holiday to Carcassonne the year before last and I could really see myself living there forever if I had no ties keeping me here. How did you end up there DaveNumbers? Am I right that you're an engrishman abroad?

Ah yes, when Dave_le_nombres joined I was living right by Beziers in a small village called Abeilhan, had a few runs down to Carcassonne. During my time I met a few English people who'd moved there, including one guy originally from Portsmouth who hadn't set foot in England for over 10 years. He orignally worked my old firm (Eurocamp) but broke away and set up a little decorating firm and seemed to be doing Ok.

Good luck with sale Monsieur Dave_et_quelques_nombres, Austins/Rovers seem to have good value over there, in fact in the South of France, I saw a lot of older 80s/90s cars going for over 2000€+.