Regarder Xantia tombola - Tickets £6 ou 3 pour £15

The Moog

Where are you Mr Cabbage?? Yorkshire way?

Yeah, near Skipton. Where are you? Delivery is a possible depending where you are and how much you want!

Where do you get your oil from? I have a good source from a home biodiesel producer who has a massive surplus.

I get mine from a guy called Steve in Dewsbury who delivers, he is a veg oil trader and collects it from local places, mainly pubs but also big places like McCains chip factory!

Weirdly the car is growing on me a bit. I think the fact that I filled it up with E-C juice helps me feel smug about running costs. 

Question to the assorted masses - The blower only runs on full on on auto.Is it likely to be the heater resistors?  It had AC (now junked). 

1500 miles down and average MPG is 29!

Fully loaded car at 75mph gets 360 to the tank, although that is on veg.

Whilst it might be GLF it sort of defeated the point of the diesel for me. The Saab was quicker, more refined and overall just as economical (more so on a run)

As soon as I get home I think I need to turn the fuel back down.

Unless someone wants a very quick xantia with years MOT?

You could, I dunno, drive slower?

Yeah, unless you're using all of the performance all of the time, fuelling and boost adjustments don't make any difference to fuel consumption, in fact they can improve it because the engine will pull in higher gears.

Xantia TDs aren't super economical but MPG in the low-mid 40s range is normal for cruising about.

Does it run okay? Any signs of fuel starvation or air in the fuel?

I find doing 60 ish drives me bonkers pretty quickly.

If I was driving like a hire car I could accept the mpg :-)

Runs really well so no issues there. Just needs to be detuned a tad. At motorway speeds 75 ish is around 3k rpm which is start of boost zone.

Something broke.

Driving along it started to stall, then caught itself and carried on. Now sounds like a bag of spanners. I thought a pipe might have fallen off but I think it is worse.

At idle it sounds as if the exhaust has fallen off. Power is waaaay down and feels like it is chugging along.

Accelerate and you get black smoke out of the back.

Took a torch to it but couldn't see anything obvious.

Took a video of idle and driving along need to find a way to share it.

Best I think it could be is pump. Otherwise I think it might be more terminal.

https://youtu.be/HaTBJhgX4QI

https://youtu.be/TPN-Aw8_S7k

Edit - videos added. They don't sound so bad on there but trust me sound like a right old bag of spanners

Some boost but the black smoke put me off testing too much.

It will happily rev just sounds awful. The reason I think it may be pump is when I lift off the clattering goes. You can hear it in the driving video.

Probably going to leave it up the front. Off on holiday Saturday for 10 days so will have a look at if when I get back.