Regarder Xantia tombola - Tickets £6 ou 3 pour £15

The Moog

Be sure to take in the sights....

Barrow In Furness Bus Depot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFeZZQ6lPb0

Hairy Bikers Dave Myres birthplace...

IMG_1867.jpg

Dont forget to get a meat & potato pie from Greens on Jarrow Street and if you are still there tonight ( and lets face it the road from Barrow to the M6 is the longest in the world so you might be) then why not enjoy the nightlife at "Skint" on Cornwallis st.

Boomerang car because it's never quite right.  For Moog I think it was the high cost of clutch replacement and the fact it was really quite slow that put him off it, both of these issues have been resolved now.  For me it was the seating position being wrong and my driving habits not suiting a diesel and for Chompy it was a number of things the car couldn't quite do as he wanted them to but nothing inherently wrong with the car.

I still rate it quite highly as a machine, one of the most capable cars I've owned to date and an excellent combination of handling and suspension, just a shame about me being the wrong shape to drive it comfortably.

Sadly, he didn't get a pie today!  In any case it absolutely wouldn't have come from Green's, which is right round the corner from me, but from Thomas's. where I work..... had I remembered this morning when I was there.  Sorry Will, I'm afraid the memory of the cream cakes on Saabday will have to sustain you until we meet again.

Yes I did, I made sure of that!  I drove it up to the station to collect Moog, and back to my place.  The clutch didn't seem as heavy as Chompy led me to believe, perhaps it was just at the wrong angle for him.  The ride was lovely and smooth, and the crumb-strewn seats as comfy as I would expect from a 405.  I may have to own it again sometime.

Chompy explained to me that the clutch is easier in the MG because he can sort of brace against the seat to use it, which he can't in the Xantia.  I didn't find the clutch particularly heavy either for a PSA car though it was a lot lighter when it was knackered.  I really miss the ride of it, loping along effortlessly like it does is something quite special.