Tickman's stuff. MOT time rolls around.

Tickman

10/10. Would crash again.

I am seriously impressed how well it stood up.

It is quite impressive, those Ncap ratings are not made up. It did better than the wall!

I know I'm miles away but I have a dead Clio that I need to get round to breaking.

Where is miles away?

It all depends on timings and insurance dealings.

Edit: Thanks for the offer!

Can you not rebuild the wall yourself/pay a local unemployed dry stone waller?

That's what I'd be doing if I even owned up to it.

There's loads of walls falling down near my house, one of which jumped out in front of a police car years ago.

The police were informed at the time, I shall try and find the owner of the wall and suggest just that. I have built a few walls not too dissimilar so it wouldn't be too difficult.

ouch ! glad the driver wasn't hurt, it must have been quite a frightening experience. surprisingly tough, those little clios.

excellent choice of tow car :)

I was driving in front and it scared the shit out of me.

I think diesel on the road is quite likely, that stretch has felt iffy in the 205 recently.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Where is miles away?

It all depends on timings and insurance dealings.

Edit: Thanks for the offer!

Stockport. You could wait for a member of the SVM or other similar far northern based gentleman to be attending a Northern Powerhouse meeting as a Shitely type option.

I have an entire Mk2 Clio in TED48 blue with a dead (ECU) and not worth repairing. Nearly all parts will be available but you would have to be desperate for the bonnet. Wings, lights, mirrors are all OK. Only thing I can think of that is missing off the front is half the rubber chin spoiler thing.

Stockport. You could wait for a member of the SVM or other similar far northern based gentleman to be attending a Northern Powerhouse meeting as a Shitely type option.

I have an entire Mk2 Clio in TED48 blue with a dead (ECU) and not worth repairing. Nearly all parts will be available but you would have to be desperate for the bonnet. Wings, lights, mirrors are all OK. Only thing I can think of that is missing off the front is half the rubber chin spoiler thing.

I am off up to Crieff weekend of 9th if that helps. I can bring things.

Would it not just be easier to swap the ECU and body computer from the crashed one to the dead ECU one? Quicker and easier than swapping body parts!

This week and the insurance will decide its fate. It will be a purely financial decision and Clio replacement adverts have been supplied by a certain member. If it is cheaper to keep it going than get something else reliable to replace it then that will happen.

Insurance were great and very straight about its fate and the Police were quite entertaining as Chuck was just rambling on and I told her at least three times to just shut up as the PC would have run out of notebooks.

We (my daughters and I) refered to phase 1 as happy face and phase 2 as angry face Clios!

Daughter No 1 had happy, daughter No 2 still has angry (in fact I changed the oil on it today and I'd forgotten what a pian that plastic filter case with a paper element is and have the grazed knuckes to prove it).

Today's fantastic view.

post-17457-0-62144800-1511271040_thumb.jpg

Got off the bus and google maps still thought I was driving and was going a long way round so I took a short cut!

post-17457-0-50749300-1511271068_thumb.jpg

After a bit of guessing left or right, Hello Fren

post-17457-0-21822800-1511271094_thumb.jpg

Quick picture of the miles before leaving

post-17457-0-99896400-1511271130_thumb.jpg

As required

post-17457-0-42981000-1511271158_thumb.jpg

Got a bonus orange light after a bit

post-17457-0-63000000-1511271184_thumb.jpg

Overall not bad to drive, temperature gauge didn't appear to work then got a couple of dots up and then didn't work again after I switched it on again.

Sounds like it has its own tranquility waterfall somewhere so I will have to find that.

Tires feel like they are square so will swap wheels from the black one to eliminate them and no doubt find what is actually the cause. 

Misfire occasionally at idle, probably hasn't had plugs since the tires were done and they look old.

I will no doubt have an ever increasing list!