Jag of much beige. Needs some lovin!

Volksy

So,

My work has changed a little meaning that I'm away from home 90% of the time, and the Jag has been suffering because of it. I hardly ever use it, and if anyone has owned one of these they will know that they don't suffer from sitting around well. 

It was previously owned by H.Imp of this parish, and I've had it since the Spring. Don't get me wrong I bloody love this car, nothing I have ever owned has been as comfortable, has had as much presence or has been such a lovely place to spend time.

An impending house move means I lose off street parking, should I have had some I'd have hung on to it till I had more time. So sadly it has to go....

It needs:

An MOT 

Battery charging or replacing. Having and even slightly low battery causes all sorts of temporary electrical gremlins. Once it's up and running it's fine. 

NSF lower balljoint, these are pressed in, so not something I can tackle at home. 

Windscreen replacing, it has a tiny crack in the field of view. 

There are quite a few advisories, is going to need at least two tyres soon. The MOT tester I use is thorough but fair, there is no borderline with him, he does make a lot of notes though!

H.Imp did a bit of weldage on the NS floor to Sill, this needs undersealing. 

It has a few rust blebs on arches, lower front wings but nothing really serious. 

Occasionally comes up with an ASC fault, only when wet, and when setting off before the car has 'got its head together'. If you restart it it goes away. 

Everything works pretty much, apart from the Electric Mirrors, it's both of them so assume a switch. The heater LCD works but the backlight doesnt - bulb I guess. 

Electric windows, Central locking (remote), Auto lights, Auto dim mirror, cruise control all working correctly. 

No issues with the auto box, changes smoothly etc. 

It's done 114500 miles, believed genuine by the state of it. it looks good with a wash and polish. Interior is ok, some scuffing to the drivers seat, carpets on the OS sill need gluing back down, there are a couple of tears here as the kickplates are glued down and you have to ruin them to get them off.

It's the 3.2 V8, runs ok, stays at temp, doesn't use oil or water. No idea if the tensioners have been done, but for the price, it's a gamble. 

It's taxed, the insurance is bloody cheap, (£140 annually with FJ, I'm 39 and live in central Sheffield)

Offers around £350 or would swap for something practical. No roffle at the moment as I don't have the time to orchestrate one.  

Pm on here for more details, or a contact number. 

post-1136-0-67026400-1448452215_thumb.jpg

post-1136-0-35496900-1448452182_thumb.jpg

post-1136-0-54693300-1448452201_thumb.jpg

post-1136-0-02461100-1448452260_thumb.jpg

Good car this. I only sold it to realise one of my dreams of having a totally fucked Shitroen Xantia Activa which would lock me in it at the CO-OP, that I could then sell on a few days later for less than half of what it had cost me.

With that ticked off the bucket list I promptly went out and bought another Jag.

The interior in this is much nicer than the drag grey in the sport I currently have IMO. It really is an absolute lovely place to sit. It makes you feel like you are a very important businessman from the late 90's, which is fine with me as due to overindulging in recreational drugs I can't really remember much after the year 2000 anyway.

Some photos of some of the weldage done in the last couple of months:

post-3133-0-01025900-1448454737_thumb.jpg

We actually weleded much more than was needed for the test when dong this as it looked like it was going to need to be done eventually and he was planning on keeping it at the time. Most of the floor along one side was done. The sills were fine, it was just where the underseal had cracked at the edge and there were some holes in the floor.