300 tdi veg muncher **updated/pics**

red5

3dr 300 tdi manual Discovery.

7 months mot. not rotten, transfer box a bit whiney, front calipers pants. dents etc for free.

pics to follow.

£700 AS price (had to buy a 5dr for kids etc...)

Has had gearbox replaced for one with less noise/more actual selection of gears.

Had replacement mechanical lift pump.

Got special vehicle stickers. Afaik it's not.

I'm 3rd owner iirc - 1st two were (late) husband and wife.

Some crusty bits - one inner wing would like a tickle (one replaced). Boot floor present.

Rear door hinges drop a bit.

Rear windows do not/have not leaked.

Scorpion alarm fiited (with remote cdl)

All windows/doors/wipers/electric door mirrors function.

High/low/difflock working/not seized.

2 new-ish tyres on rear. Standard rimz innit.

Some battle scars-nothing major.

Needs front calipers sorting (4 pot calipers, 2 seized each side, nice and symmetrical) - it does stop still, just not as quick as it should do.

May try and do something this week - or not - Mrs red5 heavily pregnant/imminent.

Feel free to ask any questions etc. or people what have bought/talked/sold/drank tea with etc etc. I'm mostly approachable. Just don't mention the Villaâ„¢

More pictures available when floor isn't fecking frozen.

Full tank of fuel. Yay.

Bewdley - in Worcestershire. Not far from S'port and Kipperminster  :-)

As others have noted - close to m/ways/trains etc. Also I work in Worcester which is also possible collection point.

post-3776-0-41878600-1448200937_thumb.jpg

post-3776-0-40067100-1448200945_thumb.jpg

post-3776-0-73687900-1448200953_thumb.jpg

post-3776-0-57728700-1448200963_thumb.jpg

post-3776-0-82116300-1448200973_thumb.jpg

Defo interested in pics.

What are these like to live with? I'm looking for something reliable enough to take me to the airport, but not too nice that I don't want to leave in the car park. Something which is over 20 years old would be good too - how old is this?

Sent from my SGP621 using Tapatalk

3 doors were available right up until the Disco2 came along and are the favoured version of fat bastards everywhere- the door's bigger and the drivers seat goes back an extra couple of inches. When I finally get my act together and make some space, a late 300 V8 ( an oxymoron ,I know but what else can you call them?) 2 door XS will be on my shopping list.

3 doors were available right up until the Disco2 came along and are the favoured version of fat bastards everywhere- the door's bigger and the drivers seat goes back an extra couple of inches.

Quite the opposite -the doors are the same size on 3 and 5dr models. Which makes getting in the back a little awkward on the 3drs.

Lacquer Peel, on 22 Nov 2015 - 2:39 PM, said:

What's the Land Rover TDi like on veg with minimal/no modifications? I know someone who converted his Discovery to a twin tank setup and it was endless trouble, but I think it was the conversion more than running on veg.

Boschtastic. I've run mine on 100% new veg oil before, although I usually fill with diesel.

These are great to live with as a daily. I've had 3 so far, 2 of which were 3 dr models and I love 'em. Nice road manners, easy to drive, good tow vehicle / load lugger, almost as good off road as a Defender but a shed load more comfortable and if you have a little fiddle with them (tweak the turbo, de-cat, de-egr etc) they are actually reasonably quick for 2 tonnes of Solihulls finest.

If I hadn't just bought a V8 RRC I'd be all over this, I'd been looking for another 3 dr for a while but then the Rangie cropped up, for that reason I'm ooot.