Renault 25 GTX anyone?

CortinaDave

Anyone in the market for an R25 GTX ? talked to whitevanman this eve and he has been chatting to a bloke in High Wycome who has a pale blue GTX in very tidy nick just out of MOT but still taxed.Seemingly the guy is a trader who has just taken it as a trade in and is planning to use it to drive to Manchester to pick up another motor in a couple of days and just weigh it in.whitevanman had a look over and reckons all it needs for a test is one front spring.Bloke says he would sell for 100 - 150 ish. Anyone fancy it? i think dunc(whitevanman) has a pic to post up later. PM me for contact details if you fancy it.. seems a shame to see it fragged. I magine you could pick it up either from high wycombe or manchester!

Ang on, shouldn't you be selling that Carlsson first? :D Or have you had enough with people whinging on RR that 'it needs work' and that 'it's not a Carlsson'?

think it has tax to the end of this month...the car is gonna be fragged if nobody wants it..................I aint no expert on Frog motors but it is tidy, I'll pass the details on to anyone interested and I may even be able to deliver it for then cost of fuel....at the price it surely has to be worth it for spares alone, its got about 7 days max before it ends up fragged.....

Posted Image

Ang on, shouldn't you be selling that Carlsson first? :D Or have you had enough with people whinging on RR that 'it needs work' and that 'it's not a Carlsson'?

Don't. I'm beginning to lose the will to live with that advert... There seems to be two types of people responding to the ad - the people who know what the car is and like it but don't have space or time for it (a bit like me really) and the people who express an interest but then are put off because they find some minor fault with the car - they seem to think they're going to get an immaculate Carlsson with 12 months' T&T for £200 :roll:. Torsten of this parish expressed an interest, but the logistics of getting the car to him have got in the way so far - even I would hesitate to drive a SORNed car with no test into the ANPR-fest that is London. The way things are going I'm probably going to end up keeping it and getting it back on the road - after all, if I do sell it I'll be Saabless, which is a condition I haven't been in for ten years now.

Don't. I'm beginning to lose the will to live with that advert... There seems to be two types of people responding to the ad - the people who know what the car is and like it but don't have space or time for it (a bit like me really) and the people who express an interest but then are put off because they find some minor fault with the car - they seem to think they're going to get an immaculate Carlsson with 12 months' T&T for £200 :roll:. Torsten of this parish expressed an interest, but the logistics of getting the car to him have got in the way so far - even I would hesitate to drive a SORNed car with no test into the ANPR-fest that is London. The way things are going I'm probably going to end up keeping it and getting it back on the road - after all, if I do sell it I'll be Saabless, which is a condition I haven't been in for ten years now.
There are so many tossers on that thread I'd be very tempted to crush it and tell 'LiamMedly' et al that the headlining 'problem' isn't an issue any more! I know you'll up keeping it :D .I would never advertise anything on RR, too many dreamers and tossers seem to plague what is otherwise a good site.

Ang on, shouldn't you be selling that Carlsson first? :D

Or have you had enough with people whinging on RR that 'it needs work' and that 'it's not a Carlsson'?

There are so many tossers on that thread I'd be very tempted to crush it and tell 'LiamMedly' et al that the headlining 'problem' isn't an issue any more! I know you'll up keeping it :D .

I would never advertise anything on RR, too many dreamers and tossers seem to plague what is otherwise a good site.

It's essentially a good site but some of the posts over there are almost unreadable. I don't mind the odd typo or spelling mistake but some of them may as well have been written in Swahili for the sense they make!

And for the life of me, I just can't get my head around this drop it on its sills, fit banded wheels and spray it matt black ftw! mentality.

I think I'm just getting too old for all that malarky! :lol:

I'm all out of time and space (man).This looks like the GTX Auto that Volksy nearly had off ebay - that one was grey and this car looks grey in the photo, though cortinadave described it as pale blue (could be the pic or my eyes telling lies).Would like it, but no point even thinking of it at the moment. Sozzles. :(

Aye its a similar one, the one I was after had the alloy wheels though.Lovely cars, If I wasn't saving for my annual Holiday (which is the week after next) I'd have been interested. It's looking like a change of job and residence is due soon so until things settle down thats the end of my tat dreams for the moment. :(

I hope someone steps in for this, if it was a 20 it's future would be assured but 25s don't seem to inspire as many unfortunately. Renaults with death warrants hanging over them can become dependable cart horses again, I should know as I use a 'saved' car everyday! (he says optimistically knowing the MOT is due at the end of the week...) I can't take on another car whilst I'm under my parent's roof, I've pushed things a bit already otherwise if I was feeling a bit more flush I'd give it a home.

I feel bad about this - a manual Mk 1 GTX would be my top choice - but I'm kind of commited to the XM now and the R30 is taking up my parking space awaiting more attention from my welding torch. Grrrr.If there's any chance it's not squidged yet Dunc, you could send me any additional info you have via PM and see if I buckle. :)

I feel bad about this - a manual Mk 1 GTX would be my top choice - but I'm kind of commited to the XM now and the R30 is taking up my parking space awaiting more attention from my welding torch. Grrrr.If there's any chance it's not squidged yet Dunc, you could send me any additional info you have via PM and see if I buckle. :)

I'll PM you with the details later today :D