C&PR Railway Visit - Driver for a fiver mug shots!

Six-cylinder

Ooooh that looks fun. We tried to get a quad bike running with vodka last year, nearly succeeded too. Fire pit is a must, would glass bottles be an issue? Could we drive the tractor if we get it running?

We all chipped in for a portapisser last year, £2 each, dollywobbler sorted it out. We went for a poo at the devils bridge hotel though. Is there some sort of food place we could all have a carvery at on the sat night?

30 mile drive will be nothing, we were 5 hours last time getting from a to b

Glass in the field is an issue as it is let out for grazing sometimes but if we keep glass to the camping area and clean up we should overcome this.

I have two dumpers and a horticultural truck that have not been run in a while, I would be pleased if they got some exercise.

Sit down meal is a problem as we would have to drive into Milton Keynes 10 miles away, lets hope for good weather and do takeaways/self prepared in the Marquee. We do have a good number of plastic garden chairs from a previous party.

The other draw back is the single track lane we are on is unsuitable for testing cars, one way is past our neighbours and the other will scatter dog walkers and children. Even here in north Bucks there is a fair amount of traffic and while we are only 1/2 mile from the main road it is not often empty. Mrs Cyl would also be very unhappy if cars were driven around the field at high speed.

Devils Bridge was just such a perfect venue I am sorry we can't match it.

We had the glass in the fire issue at devils bridge though, so that wont be an issue, we would just have to make it known before everyone gets drunk! The sit down meal sounds like it wouldnt work then, but tbh we could club together for a bbq dinner/bring your own like we did at the first night at Llangollen. 

Ah, so no drag racing up a hill then, but from what Ian said the neighboring house to the field we were in didn't like that either!

I'm game for yours though, mainly because I can be lazy and stay local, but obv up for anywhere because SF!

I like the cunning plan of taking a driving test at midnight to avoid the traffic. Wish I had done that.

P.S. Also in for a train ride and meet up

I had a mate training up to be a BSM instructor when I was learning, which was very handy as he would come out with my all day in my 206 and pretend to be an instructor and test his stuff out, and I got days and days of driving practise out of it! Was much cheaper to put a full tank in and drive than £23 a lesson!

Autoshiters are a nicely behaved bunch, it must be said. As mentioned, the Devil's Bridge field is also used for grazing, so we're used to 'no glass.' Pretty sure previous Shitefests had the same rule to be honest. 

We could always head out for a scenic drive during one day, and all change cars then if that helps. Insurance permitting of course.

HOUSTON WE HAVE A PROBLEM

Mrs Cyl is very concerned if the grass is dry and we have a fire it could set things alight. This might be a deal breaker but she does not want us to have a fire.

As an alternative she is suggesting this camp site that does allow fires:

http://www.townfarmcamping.co.uk/home

Facilitiesplaygroundphoto.jpg

• Male and Female Toilets
  • Indoor Showers
  • Outdoor Showers
  • Disabled Shower and Toilet
  • Washing up facilities
  • Washing Machine and Tumble Dryer
  • Chemical Waste Disposal
  • Electrical Hook-ups
  • Internet
  • Play Area
  • Tennis Court

Looks good, does that mean that we can service our cars and dispose of the oil/fluids in the 'Chemical Waste Disposal' and then pop off for a game of doubles?

Although on a more serious note, will the campsite accept sleeping in cars? I wont have a tent, I know others won't too.

Looking at the terms and conditions though

1. Barbecues may be used providing they are raised above ground level. The lighting of fires is allowed, providing these are in the fire pits or raised off the ground. All fires must be extinguished by 11pm.
  2. Quiet must be observed after 11 pm and all fires must be extinguished by 11pm for the consideration of others.
  3. Maximum speed limit is 5mph

We may as well just have the do at yours and not have a fire. I could bring my metal incinerator if you have a big sheet of metal to put under it to avoid embers setting fire to anything? Or we just make sure at least 10 people need a piss at any one time?

Ah, and this, which probably seals the deal

We are not able to accept bookings from single sex parties of more than three or from unaccompanied persons under the age of 21.  If we see a group forming, we will ask you to leave and there will be no refund

Unless Louise and the other new female come as well