Swoopy Saab Story: they think it's all over!

eddyramrod

This is my current fleet, starting with:

post-4559-0-36319500-1447620940_thumb.jpg

...my third Chevrolet.    Hold that thought a moment.

This sad case...

post-4559-0-61710300-1447621025_thumb.jpg

...is my second Toyota, and the second time I've owned it too.

This...

post-4559-0-02331900-1447621117_thumb.jpg

...is my second MG.  And all this time you thought you weren't going to get the money shot, oh ye of little faith!

And now this...

post-4559-0-01689200-1447621227_thumb.jpg

...is my second Saab, courtesy of Moog Roffles Ltd.

Well what fun and games we have had.  Both of us had various commitments in the first half of the week, so we arranged that Lynne would drive to Accrington in the Tacuma with me on Thursday afternoon to effect the collection.  Except the Tacuma doesn't want to play.  No problem says Mr Moog, when do you want to come?  Saturday, sez I.  No problem. 

Except my friendly garage hasn't made the requisite housecall yet to see to the Tacuma, so I can't get over to where the Saab is.  No problem, says Mr Moog again, sounding remarkably like Vijay Amritraj in Octopussy: how about I bring it to you on Sunday?  Lovely, sez I.

This morning, turn on computer to find a message from Mr Moog.  The roads around him are flooded out.  Not good!  Delivery postponed until the weather improves, for obvious reasons.  I'm not going to ask a Shiter to take unwarranted risks just to bring me an old car.

A bit later, a phone conversation ensues, wherein the weather is deemed to be improving, enough, possibly, to allow delivery to take place.  Sure enough, delivery does indeed take place, for which I cannot sufficiently thank Mr Moog.  I dropped him off home (round trip of about 180 miles) and wafted back over here.  'Twas delightful to meet Ms Moog and the three Doggy Moogs too.

This is a splendid car.

My plan, such as it was when I discovered I'd won not one but two Roffles, was to keep both cars for a few weeks and see which one I like better.  I have a feeling I know the answer already, and surprisingly, it's the one with fewer cylinders.  I'll use them both more or less alternately over the next week or two, just to make sure.

Oh and by the way...

post-4559-0-76868000-1447622238_thumb.jpg

Eddies a winna , coz as a kid he built soapboxes with old pramwheels and pallet wood , drank out of hosepipes ,and walked to school ..Fact !

http://autoshite.com/topic/22406-for-us-kids-of-the-70s/

One out of three, amazingly.  And even that wasn't very often because when summer came we were off in the caravan, not lazing around the back garden waiting for Dad to hook up the hosepipe.

• 1 month later...

I haven't posted about this car for weeks now.  For the very good reason that it just keeps doing what it needs to do, which is take me to work every morning.  It's actually very enjoyable, and was definitely the right car to keep.

Yes, I did just say those things about a car with too many pedals and not enough cylinders.  I must be getting old, or something.

• 2 months later...