I think I have a plan...

Pete-M

... and I think you lot might like it.A marvellous thought appeared to me today whilst idly trying to conjure up something to do this year, well, it started as me trying to decide what to do this afternoon and mutated into a giant scheme which will probably cost me a bloody fortune, but could be an amusing thing to fill a bit of the interweb with.I've decided I'm going to try and spend as much time possible in the next year or so taking cars to where they should be. To see how suited they are to 'what it says on the tin'.So. The first thing I need to do is make a list of places to take these cars to, and first out of the hat was taking a Ford Cortina to Cortina, a Capri to Capri, and a Granada to Granada. Then there'll be the challenge of trying to get a Dolomite across the Dolomites, a Morris to Oxford, and an Austin to Cambridge. I may even have to take a Mini to Newmarket if things get serious.Now, I was also thinking that if I can take an Opel Manta Berlinetta to Berlin, and pick up a Taurus - then I'm a Sagittarius so that means the Taurus would have to forgo all it's fancy Taurus name and be a Cortina... which'd have to go to Cortina. Then maybe get a Capri to Capri and try to find a Granada to go to Spain in. Then I could buy a Seat or an old Triumph to go to Toledo or Malaga.It could be quite funny this. Anyone want to swap a nice Cortina for an E30? :-P

The Seats have been touched upon but you can take an Ibiza to Ibiza, a Malaga to Malaga (definitely the hardest) or a Toledo to Toledo. Is there such a place as Cordoba??A bit stretched but how about a Fiat Croma to Cromer.... :lol: (the original one obviously)A Fiesta to the newsagents to pick up a magazine of the same name.A Plymouth to Plymouth. A Chrysler New Yorker to New York....A Bedford van or lorry to Bedford. A Luton van to Luton. A Leyland van, bus or lorry to Leyland.An Austin Westminster to Westminster.A VW Derby to Derby.A Bristol to Bristol.

Brilliant idea!A Seat Marbella to Marbellaan Austin Somerset to SomersetA Mini 'City' to a city, any city :lol: Fave idea so far: Montego to montego bay!! - excellent match up ( I wonder if a Montego has ever been on Jamaica?) - good one xr1984.

To an AA/RAC man, Montego Bay was the hard shoulder.1950s Austins would give you a nice tour of the South - Devon, Dorset, Somerset, Hereford, Hampshire etc. Then go to the west coast of Ireland in an Atlantic - don't push it in though, they are quite rare now! Plus you could do a tour of a Welsh mountain range in a Cambrian (Aussie A55/60)A Morris trip would be fairly short and could be done in a day - Oxford, Cowley and the river Isis.Cortina to Cortina was done by the Mk1 club I think, possibly in 2002 (40th birthday).There is a place called Cordoba in Spain, I would rather go there in a Chrysler one than a Seat though. Its a big 'personal luxury' car from 1975, the sort of thing Hirst would love.

To an AA/RAC man, Montego Bay was the hard shoulder.

:lol:

There is a place called Cordoba in Spain, I would rather go there in a Chrysler one than a Seat though. Its a big 'personal luxury' car from 1975, the sort of thing Hirst would love.

Indeed, the white car to the left...http://www.imcdb.org/vehicle_72960-Chrysler-Cordoba-1980.htmlThis is a great shot! The white car nearest the camera is either an earlier Cordoba or a Dodge Charger apparentlyhttp://www.imcdb.org/vehicle_72367-Chrysler-Cordoba-1975.html

Regie, there is such a place as Cordoba, it's a very beautiful old city. I'm planning on spending Easter there. Good idea Pete. but you know, an Austin Cambridge or Morris Oxford's rightful place is Eastbourne. A Wednesday night in August in fact. Windows out, painted up, 'Mouldy Old Dough' over the tannoy ... :wink:

Regie, there is such a place as Cordoba, it's a very beautiful old city.

Based on the other Seat names, I'd have placed money on Cordoba being a real destination...Not sure about their currents ones though, think they've abandoned their previous naming policy; Leon?, Altea?, Inca?

Have we had a Ford Sierra to Sierra Nevada yet? There's actually a few Sierra Nevadas in the world so you could visit them all. Preferably in a 1300 Base with unpainted slatty nosecone.

Leon and Altea are both places in spain..

Silly me.Did I miss any? I take it these are all pretty attractive places? A shame no-one over here was brave enough to give us Vauxhall Ramsgate, Vauxhall Penzance, Vauxhall Whitby, Vauxhall Blackpool, Vauxhall Weymouth, Vauxhall Grimsby etc....

So, I've got to go the rainforest in my Volvo or turn it into a Kriedler moped, go to the square in Venice in my Isuzu, and make my Mitsubishi and a Colt dissappear and reappear in sea mist to terrify sailors.Tough tasks.

Did I miss any? I take it these are all pretty attractive places? A shame no-one over here was brave enough to give us Vauxhall Ramsgate, Vauxhall Penzance, Vauxhall Whitby, Vauxhall Blackpool, Vauxhall Weymouth, Vauxhall Grimsby etc....

Hey this is a good idea, I'd love a Vauxhall Dewsbury Moor.