ZX TurdoD Estate RoFell £3 a chop!

ruffgeezer

So as some of you will know, I bought a ZX estate yesterday because @dugong is a git.

Dugong posted this for sale;

(pic removed)

Which he was selling near to me, but by the time I'd had some time at the NHS's pleasure, it was sold.

There is nothing worse than being told you can't have something, so immediately fired an "Or best Offer" on this one.  It'd been knocking around on ebay for a couple of months, and I'd been idly watching it's price drop, as I have on so many cars but then not bothered to buy. This time it was different, because @dugong is a git.

post-2711-0-00781700-1446996074_thumb.jpg

post-2711-0-06653700-1446996069_thumb.jpg

post-2711-0-96665100-1446996063_thumb.jpg

post-2711-0-02142300-1446996059_thumb.jpg

post-2711-0-85635000-1446996076_thumb.jpg

Asking price £250 with an option to make an offer, which I did because @dugong is a git.

I bartered the car to £150, and arranged to collect it on Saturday morning, taking my Mother-in_Law along as co-driver in the wife's Berlingo.

post-2711-0-45565000-1446996836_thumb.jpg

I went prepared but this turned out to be unnecessary as when I arrived, the car struck up first time, although I suspect there may be a dodgy glow plug as it was a bit lumpy to start with.  I rescued my tools and spares from the Berlingo and sent it and M-i-L on their return journey and we filled in the paperwork for the sale.

After a quick call to add the car to my insurance, I was all set to return to base with my newly purchased shed.

Except I couldn't, the keypad beeped a new tune and the car refused to even turn over, this all seemed familiar as I had recently been speaking to Dugong whilst he was stranded on a Peterboghorror petrol station forecourt.

After attempting to jump start it from the spare battery, I elected instead to swap it onto the car and then success!

No stops for Pez on the way home, I took a more scenic route than just blatting up the A17, but rejoined it in time for the BFO gun shot instead;

post-2711-0-72442900-1446997818_thumb.jpg

The return journey was reasonably uneventful, immediate thoughts are as follows;

• Tracking required urgently
  • This 1.9td couldn't pull the pisser off a chocolate mouse.
  • Both rear window regulators are fucked
  • Like many well used Citroens, the steering wheel is made of ick.

When I got it back to base, I had a closer look at the little horror, and had my minions give the insides a bit of a clean.

Something here is NOT factory fitted;

post-2711-0-12149900-1446998546_thumb.jpg

Bonnet lends it's name to a forum member, it's rough:

post-2711-0-28277000-1446998510_thumb.jpg

Looks a little less shitty now it's had a wash:

post-2711-0-07514400-1446998517_thumb.jpg

Minions at work:

post-2711-0-88699100-1446998526_thumb.jpg

It has MOT until Feb but I think I will see if it will test early so I can release it once we are out of the worst of the winter. 

It doesn't seem too bad on balance, but not as pretty as that white one up there which is the reason I bought this one in the first place, that's right, @dugong is a git!

The 4th glowplug is almost never changed as they are a twat to access.

I have to echo Cav's sentiments - I've had four or five 1.9NA dizzles now and never found them slovenly. Perhaps its not delivering enough dino juice - you can adjust the pump.

How does it idle?

Lovely, top buy!

Get the glowplugs changed, find a motorway or dual carriagway and hold it in 3rd and boot it up to 80, then 4th and do 10 miles, then rag it back through all the gears. Should see a lovely cloud of shit out the back and it should be alot faster! Mine does this if I drive like an old lady for a few weeks.

It was none of those, it was the 3/4" of slack in the throttle cable that did it!

I was going to suggest that when you told me how it idled, I found mine used to idle too low when the cable went slack  - its not as nice as Dugongs ZX though - I always think white cars look so much nicer than Silver...

Storm_zps2a8cb1c9.gif

(((((Runs & Hides))))

Mine are the earlier sort with the cable regulators, to swap to the later type would mean changing everything including the glass!

Sealtainn if you wouldn't mind asking that'd be great, BTW there is another batch of stickers en-route, not sure how long a carrier pigeon takes to get to you mind!

I went out to the ShedX today, just over a week since it's triumphant return to base, only to find it had drained it's battery enough so as it wouldn't start.

I left it on charge for the day and got my own back by throwing a load of damp kitchen units in the back of it, I have spent almost all day finishing up our kitchen and I FUCKING HATE CHIPBOARD RAAAAAAHHHHHHHH HULK SMASH!

Ok so due to me being fickle and quite busy and the fact I've bought another car since buying this, I've elected not to hang onto this grufty little shedex.

I've had to put a new battery on today, but I will swap it for a good second hand one if someone wants it for price I paid for it.

Mot until Feb 2016

Starts, stops and drives ok (a bit steady if anything)

WILL NEED WELDING FOR MOT

rear window regulators knackered

paint shit.

Generally quite miserable, like driving around in Morrisey's head.

£150 or take it with it's sparkly new battery for £190?

I'm tempted to make this a raffle of abject misery, nothing says FU like buying someone a 3 quid a ticket for a horrible car.

The current influx of really moody old shit at critical mass. I'm still grumpy about missing out on the Austin 10. Today's offering was a rusty, dented, flat white 3dr 206. I didn't bother with that one.