Shonky Rifledropper Barge Now Solderised - Forum as Weird as Usual - Caution: 405 Content!

Junkman

I'm reluctantly selling Fernand, our beloved family car, which gave us many a memorable moment. On the 25th May 1994, a cold and drizzly day, a very proud...

Oh wait, tis Autoshite, innitt?

Verlourstastic Bader-spec wafty garlicbarge up for grabs. Has ridiculous OMGMPG because not veggie/Bosch pump/more pedals than most of you have feet.

Has keep fit nothing, but some of the elektrickery did a Peugeot.

Had some work done for its last MoT, first and foremost the dangerous to public safety rear numberplate replaced. As an added bonus, the homicidal one is still in the boot, because I couldn't be arsed to ditch it.

It also had some welding, steering rack gaitors, brake pipes, and other stuff I can't remember/don't give a shit about, like some of the tyres are less than a year old, others still good and a lot of the exhaust is newish.

There is basically nothing wrong with the bloody car. It's used daily and I did two trips to Salzburg, two to Frankfurt, one to Wimereux, and criss-crossed England numerous times, including that there London and even 'Nam. It never gave the slightest trouble. Also, of all the 2.0 autos I had hitherto, this is the fastest (120 OMGMPH on Hitlerbahn) and the one that uses the least petrol (easily 450 miles to a 55 litre fill on a run, if you don't do daft stuff).

So here goes:

Peugeot 405 GTX 2-litre Automatic

MoT until 12 August 2016

130,000ish miles

Perfectly driveable

Radio works

Cigarette lighter works

Front interior light works, including the reading lights

Key blip works (immobiliser removed by Romanian, so no worries should it not work one distant day)

Blipless spare key set present

All four hubcaps present

Heater is toasty warm

It wouldn't be a Peugeot if it didn't have some things wrong with it.

Headliner sagging

Rear interior light non-op (which is actually the real reason for sale)

Passenger doors central locking a bit temperamental, especially when it's raining

Fuel gauge has a mind of its own, but the low fuel warning light is working, so is the trip counter

Aircon not working, but I never missed it. Like everything else in the UK, it might just need a regas

Driver window express switch only working on the way up

It had a slight shunt at the rear right, which left a little crease in the boot floor. There is slight water ingress in that area

Dent in left side of the bootlid

There is also a leak from the antenna, so the front interior light sometimes turns into an aquarium

The clock has the typical fadage to the LCD, so it can't be read, same goes for the outside temperature

Slight oil leak

There may be a few more niggles trivial enough for me not to remember right now.

Sorry, no 20p coin jammed in handbrake mechanism anymore.

Have some pics, lads:

015.jpg

016.jpg

011.jpg

010.jpg

006.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

Would suit the right person.

Oh, and I want 450 Shiterpounds for it, please.

It is located in Stockport, which used to be famous for cultivating Cannabis in the olden times. Nowadays it is merely famous for cultivating Cannabis.