The 405 News

Junkman

• 1 month later...

Well, I had enough of this seats for servants nonsense.

Either my kidneys were freezing, or I was simmering in my own juice, or the Junkwoman's legendary vegetarian farts had nowhere to go.

What finally pushed me over the edge was, when my little one got out of the car with her back all wet and sweaty. I felt sorry for her.

Hence I now got me this settee for posh people:

039.jpg

040.jpg

Once this is installed, the original pristine (and I do mean pristine) black leather furniture will be up for grabs.

So if there are any masochists on there, that are keen to upgrade* their 405 estates, please feel free to arrange to pick it up from SK3 0LX,

before I flog that rubbish on that iPay.

Before I forget, the front seats are heatable. All you need to do is wire them up and fit some switches somewhere.

The 405's leather seats are nice but I don't 'get' leather seats in a car, sweaty in the summer, freezing cold in the winter, made from the hides of tortured animals.

If you regularly carry people with body odour issues, then the smell can transfer onto your cloth interior quite quickly, therefore the leather alternative is very attractive in this scenario due to the ability to be cleaned and fed easily and quickly :-D

If you regularly carry people, leather will quickly lead to them having body odour issues, which doesn't occur if you have a proper cloth interior.

Leather is either too cold or too warm, but never an ambient temperature.

Besides, I have heard of people having frozen to death, or died from a heat stroke, but nobody ever died of smell.

• 1 month later...

You lot got me looking at 405s again. Found this beauty on the Bay: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/peugeot-405-STDT-turbo-diesel-estate-only-97-000-miles-SAME-OWNER-SINCE-1994-/201609005433?hash=item2ef0d54979:g:nDUAAOSwzJ5Xdnda

Although I wonder if the driver's door struggles to stay open of its own accord?

post-20091-0-45315800-1467486813_thumb.jpg

Judging by the vaseline, the trader is pretty excited about this too

post-20091-0-05900900-1467486814_thumb.jpg

The 405's leather seats are nice but I don't 'get' leather seats in a car, sweaty in the summer, freezing cold in the winter, made from the hides of tortured animals.

Peugeot use 100% camel foreskins for their leather seats. I'm probably the only person who prefers the seats in the 205 1.6 GTi over its 1.9 brother.