The 405 News

Junkman

Home achieved.

43647735042_0583ee3309_b.jpg

Over 900 miles without any incident to speak of. I need a less reliable car.

Oh, and can't someone stop handing signs to Englishmen? If you give an Englishman a bloody sign, he can't fucking wait to put it up in front of the nose of another Englishman. This is by far the most annoying thing I have ever experienced. Recently a shitload of 40 and 50 speed limit signs were issued and sure enough they put them up on random stretches of otherwise quite passable roads, instead of frisbeeing them into the sea, where they belong.

They've probably been to a sign in front of noses puttage seminar in the UK.

I'm telling you, if an Englishman can't put up some fucking sign, his life is not complete.

Show me one who removed a sign. Without immediately replacing it with an even more stupid one, that is.

It's really getting on my tits, honestly.

Only one thing in my entire life i have smashed seven bells out of is one of these fag lighter kettles.

I had a MK4 Golf, no it gets worse. I was in Blackpool with my wee one, he needed a bottle and i had bought one of these kettles. Took 40 fecking minutes to boil the thing. He was screaming his head off. Once bottle was made and he was happy i drove over the kettle with the Golf. If you want the bits it should be in some carpark in Blackpool not far from the sea.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Since the purchase of the saloon, this car hasn't been used a lot. Not because it's unwanted, it's rather because the saloon always ends up being parked in the driveaway spot at the Junktowers and is thus the car that's used all the time. We don't really need two cars, let alone three.

Anyway, the car had been sitting unused since we raided visited Eddyramrod until I used it on Thursday on a trip down to the West Midlands, which it did in the usual flawless manner. Since I returned after the Junkwoman on that day, it ended up in pole position for a change. Hence the Junkwoman used it yesterday for her errands and reported upon return that the heater doesn't work and the temp gauge occasionally reads around 100C.

Upon closer examination, the car was about three to four litres low on coolant. Once replenished, everything worked fine again.

A closer examination of the cooling system revealed no obvious leaks, this includes the dreaded heater matrix, so I'm now wondering how the coolant could disappear.

Also, where are all the bleed screws located that are mentioned in the Haynes for the 2.0? I only managed to find the one in the thermostat housing.

This car is becoming unusually unreliable for a 405, I guess it's directly proportional to the lack of use and the number of it being smashed into something.