Another day, another Mondeo for sale

wuvvum

Blue Mondeo TDCi Zetec on an 02 plate.  This has been my regular / daily transport for much of the last ten months, but now the Perodua's back on the road and has taken over commuting duties it's surplus to requirements really - on the rare occasions that I need to go further than the Perodua can comfortably manage I have the Carina E or an assortment of Rovers to fall back on.

It's quite similiar to the silver one I had for sale a while back, except with more MOT, fewer miles, no electrical drain issues and less OMGDMF noise, but also less power (115 bhp vs 130) and fewer gadgets (no cruise control, manual aircon).  It does have a towbar though, and dragged the A35 back from Lancashire with no problems.

I'm inevitably going to make a loss on this, but I've had ten months' use out of it so don't mind too much.  In my ownership it's had two new tyres, a new spring (plus another one that I bought as I thought one of the front springs was broken, but it wasn't so the new one is still in the boot), a new turbo hose and a new rear wheel bearing.  It's just cost me over 200 quid to get through the MOT (which I think has about 11 months left to run).

It's been completely reliable since I've had it, most of the electrics work and the aircon is cold-ish.  Only things I'm aware of that don't work are the interior boot release button and the button on the tailgate (you have to use the button on the key to open the boot), and half of the heated front screen.  Also the tailgate struts are getting tired and struggle to hold the tailgate open when the temperature is below freezing, and the washer bottle has a leak and needs topping up every couple of days.  The engine hasn't used any fluids in my ownership though.

It drives fine, with no vices that I've noticed, except that the turbo takes a bit longer than the silver car's to spool up (doesn't seem to boost fully until about 2,500 rpm), and there's a bit of DMF noise, especially when the car's hot (e.g. sat in traffic after a long run), but it's not as bad as the silver car and even that wasn't all that bad really.

Bodywork is mostly pretty good, with the exception of a scratch on the nearside rear door where someone's caught it with a pushchair or bike handlebar when it was parked up, and a bit of a dent / scratch at the bottom of the same door and the front of the wheelarch.  It's also had a plate welded on the back of the nearside sill for a previous MOT, which seems to be holding up OK.

I don't have much in the way of history for this one unfortunately, aside from an assortment of old MOTs and the service book stamped up to 121K (current mileage is about 156K). 

Shiter's price = £400.

Photos:

post-190-0-23120100-1446581733_thumb.jpg

post-190-0-23984700-1446581764_thumb.jpg

post-190-0-27004000-1446581784_thumb.jpg

Soz for blanked-out numberplates - photos edited in case of Gumtree (I know some people roll their eyes at such things, but I've had plates nicked before and I know first hand what a PITA it can be).  I'll take more / better photos when I next see the car in daylight.

Car is in NE Norfolk.

I've had every vintage of Mondeo, thus making me David Cameron's much sought after "Mondeo Man"

These were the best of the lot.  Proper big compared with the Mk1, and tremendous for covering a lot of ground whilst enjoying incognito comfort.

Someone will lap this up on Gumtree tho.

GLWS champ.