Audi 80

In The Pit

For sale Audi 80 SE 1994 L reg 1.6 petrol in Indigo Blue Metallic.  This was my late fathers car I had considered keeping it but have now decided to sell it.  It was originally my car and I bought it in January 2009 and passed it on to my Dad in late 2010 prior to us it’s had three owners I think the first owner was Audi themselves as according to the service book they carried out the delivery inspection and their head office address is given, also I’ve noticed quite a few Audi 80s with  L***JRX number plates so probably a staff car or possibly a press one. It’s MOTd until 11th December 2015 and the mileage is 109552.  The mileage on the current MOT when it was carried out was 109345 so it hasn’t done a lot since then it also had no advisories.  The cam belt was changed at 99485.  The car is in good condition for it’s age but does have a few scratches on it (a lot of fine ones on the bonnet/boot) but these may polish out.  The interior is in excellent condition with no rips to the seats or damage, there is slight wear to the steering wheel, the radio has been disconnected but it can be reconnected and it then works. The car drives nicely and good tyres all round and stops and starts no problem. The original owner (Audi?) specified quite a few options, it has sports seats, sports steering wheel (possibly leather), alloy wheels (5), extra gauges, rear spoiler (rare) and I think the Sony Radio was an optional extra. The worst part of the car is that the lacquer has peeled off the rear wing on the passenger side and there is some smaller lacquer peel to the rear bumper.  This happened when we had a bad winter a couple of years ago and doesn’t seem to have got any worst.  It also needs an exhaust rubber in the centre as the rubber has split this means the exhaust slightly rattles normally when cornering but its not hanging down so you don’t notice.  But its an easy and cheap fix and doesn’t affect how it drives.  

I have the handbooks/service books in the dealer wallet, the service book shows an Audi main dealer stamped service up to 56686.  There are three original keys with two dealer key fobs (Sinclair Audi) the number plates also have Sinclair Audi surrounds fitted and they are the correct original 90’s font.  I also have a folder of receipts for work carried out over the years, items bought and old MOT certificates.

Although my father wasn’t a car enthusiast he did believe in looking after his cars and always checked the fluids and had the car serviced if it needed anything he‘d get it done.  He also regularly washed it and took good care of it.  It would be nice to see it go to someone who would appreciate it.

I'm guessing my location may be a problem for many as i'm in West Wales.

£350

2015_11020002_zpsfrnuglqv.jpg2015_11020007_zpsscoacfnh.jpg?t=14464204

2015_11020005_zpsiwlhqvup.jpg?t=14464204
2015_11020011_zpsyurs4zop.jpg?t=14464204

2015_11020009_zpsmyxbdm8b.jpg?t=14464204

2050_12310050_zpsxewftym3.jpg?t=14464204

2050_12310051_zpsbwpqx1u1.jpg?t=14464204

2015_11020003_zpsxgjkxych.jpg?t=14464204

2015_11020017_zps34muoqk0.jpg?t=14464204

Whereabouts in West Wales are you?

I'm in Pembrokeshire.

Thanks for the positive comments guys.  I'm not looking to make big money on it just like to find it a good home.  My dad passed away in February this year and I had planned to keep it but as i'm not going to use it and the tax/insurance has run out its now just sitting on my Mums drive so i've realised it's probably best to sell it on.  My father used it every other day to go from the village to the local town but didn't drive far as he was 90.

If I had a space I would have it off you as it's a nice, quality car that hopefully wouldn't take a lot to keep running and in good condition. I'd much prefer one of these to a scene tax golf or bmw. I hope you find it a good home on here as i understand it has sentimental value for you. If not have you tried retro rides?