Car insurance question

sierraman

Set up some car insurance for the wife through compare the market, car is only a banger so just went with the cheapest which was 'go skippy' insurance. Anyways, paid online, this was Sunday for the policy to start today. Still got neither a policy number or a certificate from them. They've asked for me to send in the usual copy of licence and no claims etc, but they've given me no reference whatsoever. Emailed them this morning and they say I'm still down as a prospect. Has anyone had this experience? As it stands in down £500 without any form of confirmation I'm actually insured!

I've heard of, and avoided using, them. Have some light reading material, it appears Go Skippy are based in Gibraltar, are part of Southern Rock and use Eldon Insurance in the UK so maybe easier to get them to sort it out.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?s=bfb17ae016ad25b42d685f31104dc74b&t=4446901#topofpage

Paid on credit card. I'm no good getting a load of receipts out at the side of the road to the police, they're hardly likely to take that as proof are they. As it goes Go Skippy describe my policy as a 'prospect'. Whether this constitutes insurance or not is anyone's guess.

That is not what I was getting at, it was in response to your saying you where down £500 so with proof easy to get it back and click on the next insurer on the list.

I see... I've tried ringing them but cannot get through for love nor money. Emailed them to request cancellation and also requested cancellation through credit card who have suspended the payment. They've written back to say the car isn't insured yet until they've activated the policy, despite our request it starts today. Thoroughly fecked off by it all. The next cheapest was Debenhams Insurance, surely they must be reputable...