Y reg Sierra 2.0 Ghia Auto

JohnK

As above, struck a possible deal with Ken, just need to get it from Teesside to London.

My trucks still out of action and I'm limited with time at the moment but I could help get it somewhere else if others are willing to chip in?

• 3 weeks later...

Am really looking forward to getting my shovel-like mitts on this. 

The headlining on the sunroof blind will bug me. I know that the Sierras had headlining made of what appears to be compressed cardboard and any fluid cleaner will reduce it to a mushy mess or thereabouts. Am gonna have to get all creative on its ass.

Am really looking forward to getting my shovel-like mitts on this. 

The headlining on the sunroof blind will bug me. I know that the Sierras had headlining made of what appears to be compressed cardboard and any fluid cleaner will reduce it to a mushy mess or thereabouts. Am gonna have to get all creative on its ass.

its not the board that fails when you clean it, its the 33 year old foam that backs the material that breaks down when it gets wet and the material peels away and sags, the original material is foam backed and the foam is the part that is glued to the board

i personally would get some grey foam backed headlining material, take out the headlining from the car, peel off the fabric, clean the fibreboard up from the old foam, and re trim it using high temp brush on contact adhesive dont use spray on as it isnt as good, i did this on my mk1 3 door, the board on mine was also worse for wear at the back, but this part tucks under the seal so i wasnt really too bothered.

DSC_0386_zps17dabc61.jpg

my top tip if you do this is work from the centre when adhering the new material to the board