Setright Ticket Machine, Solido models for sale

dugong

Clearing the decks, selling some stuff. 

We'll do the big hitters first.

Otto Mobile Citroen GS Birotor. Long discontinued, excellent nick, £110 posted OVNO. Pictures tomorrow.

Setright Ticket machine. £125 collected and \ or negotiable (try me). Midland Red box, working order, pouch, strap and South Wales ticket rolls included.

wTnoQ1E.jpg

lpThRAL.jpg

VkL9vhY.jpg

lsRXHyS.jpg

e2QVjwT.jpg

o662Phi.jpg

Solido Matra Bagheera (1:43) Great condition, box average, pop up lights £20 posted.

JPWGqCR.jpg

Moskvich van. 1:43 scale. Excellent condition. £15 posted.

wrGceey.jpg

Mega rare Diapet Isuzu Bellett MX1600. 1:42 scale. Paint chip off wing. Otherwise excellent condition. £40 posted.

1wL6FaW.jpg

Solido Matra Bagheera. Model good, box poor, pop up lights. £10 posted.

4JqA408.jpg

Zil 117. Model good, box poor. £10 posted.

pslTap0.jpg

Solido Porsche 914 Sonauto. Unused stickers, decent box, lights glued open, £10 posted.

uBIU9gw.jpg

You might give folk a little longer than twelve hours, Jon!  Unless you're selling a green 406...?  ;)

Pics of the Birotor, please.  Ta muchly.

Yur.

People are on here all hours of the day. 12 hours is normally enough time to get a comment, an offer.......something.I'll have a look for forest green 406s for you. Can't guarantee it'll be insured or that the door shuts will be perfect, mind.

Sadly, I think models are absolutely impossible to sell - unless you've got lots of nice new shiny ones and a shit load of patience. I guess mine will be staying in the loft for many years to come.

Agree... I have several lovely examples but seemingly worth very little nowadays going off eBay prices.

Shame really. Back in the loft then.

Yus... Similar thoughts here. eBay reckons £50 to £90 Ish Jon...

I have missed a couple at £40-50 but most seen around the figures you mention. The one on here looks to have been polished with wire wool or similar but I could be wrong. I only want one for nostalgic reasons, I remember them being used on bartons buses when I was a kid.

it's the case that's worth the money. B.M.M.O never sold on their machines or cases to the public (even when Midland Red West, the last of the ex BMMO companies to use them, finished with them) Cases only appear if they were secreted away when engineers or drivers nicked them to use as tool boxes. Ones from that source usually are battered to buggery. This one isn't so is a pretty rare thing. The machine itself could be from anywhere. I've looked at it and tried to cross reference the serial numbers to no avail. The problem is that the Mk.3 Setright was used by just about everybody, from independent to large operator. It's a pre decimal one so 50's or 60's but more than that, I just don't know. It's fully working and runs nicely with lots of life left in the ribbon (I used to rebuild these for operators) so definitely worth considering if you're on the look out for one. The rivets on the case are when the ticket punch has been removed and is a usual mod by operators.

The models? I have no clue to their worth as I don't collect them but I'd have thought a Birotor model is pretty hens teeth.

Motoring related so definitely in the right section in my worthless opinion. Others may disagree. Bite me, I don't care.

dugong, on 12 Oct 2015 - 6:57 PM, said:

No. These are motoring related items. Bait rejected. 

It wasn't bait, I genuinely thought it would be better in the non-motoring section or in sales / wants.

BTW the ticket machine is genuinely ace, and easily worth what you're asking - good luck with the sale.

Otto GS linky here - 

http://otto-models.com/1651-thickbox_default/citroen-gs-birotor.jpg

The Otto stuff is in general very, very good and the GS Birotor sold out very quickly. Couple of years since it was released and is a very rare thing now.

I'd bang it on French eBay rather than UK as thats where most of the buyers will be.  No idea on values of the Solidos - I hate guessing values of older stuff but they don't sound unreasonable to me. Ebay is probably your best bet though (immediate payment req'd and sent 'Signed For') as they'll get a lot more viewers than here.