1999 Transit 2.5DI smiley - SWAP W.H.Y?

HMC

Anyone fancy a swap for my 1999 ex BT transit smiley front? I just fancy a change. I still need something for pootling about in (granada not on the road and the range rover does about 15mpg) so looking for a swap really-what have you? It has the famously rugged and unburstable 2.5DI engine. MOT to april and a recent new clutch and rear tyres. The body isnt too bad- its had new arch sections let in at some stage and all but 1 are decent- the dodgy one has a bit of tape and filler on it. It has 3 seats with 3 point belts across the front and a fourth at the rear, easily unboltable. Also windows from a transit minibus in the sliding door and the panel on the opposite side. Drives spot on and totally dependable. Pretty economical too at around 34-39mpg mixed driving.

Ill get some more up to date pics taken tomorrow

post-4673-0-42032400-1444503577_thumb.jpg

post-4673-0-27459800-1444503610_thumb.jpg

Not LEZ compliant on a T plate.

IIRC there's a loophole where late smiley Transits can get in though - the system apparently can't discern the difference between earlier models of Transit and later LEZ compliant ones, so a W/X/Y reg smiley might be able to get in. Not sure if it's been fixed or anything though. 

IIRC there's a loophole where late smiley Transits can get in though - the system apparently can't discern the difference between earlier models of Transit and later LEZ compliant ones, so a W/X/Y reg smiley might be able to get in. Not sure if it's been fixed or anything though. 

Nope, that loophole's still there.  Only X and Y platers normally get through though - W plate Transits of either mark are normally classed as non-compliant.

Would sir consider a Daihatsu Applause + Sterling adjustment?

Not gruesome enough for thee? What about a baulk inducing 04 plate Suzuki Liana (in Damascus racing Gilt)

Neither of those flick your switch? I would happily trade my soul for this, my life has been bleak since the passing of my Transit.

I'm not promising anything, but if this is in or v.close to that there London, there's a fighting chance I could collect for a Midlands-North West shiter or bring to Chester for them.

• 1 month later...

When I collected this for Essexman and kept it at mine for a few days, was I supposed to pay the LEZbians something, as I live in the zone? Whoops, too late now. Never even crossed my mind.

GLWTS Matthew!

You should indeed - hundred quid a day is the going rate IIRC.  Having said that, my old V-plate TD smiley got driven in the LEZ (after I sold it) and all I got was a polite warning letter.

wuvvum, on 12 Nov 2015 - 12:42 AM, said:

You should indeed - hundred quid a day is the going rate IIRC.  Having said that, my old V-plate TD smiley got driven in the LEZ (after I sold it) and all I got was a polite warning letter.

Had the same thing when I sold my 609D recovery truck to someone. He'd tried to have me over though, so I just 'forgot' to mention he'd been through the LEZZER zone and had a warning.

I'm now desperately trying to think of some sort of swap for this Transit, but it's not going to be easy as I'm a mere few hours away from hitting the jackpot on Incredibly Stupid Purchase day.