BMW E34 525i SE Now sold to scrapper.

Guest Breadvan72

Yo BV, if you plan using this in the winter may I suggest you fit some winter tyres, or at least all season ones.

I remember driving a mates 525i automatic in the snow a couple of years ago with ling-long ditch finders on, it's not something I like to recall too often.

rubbish- just pop the box in 3 and get on wi it;)

Ach, mit ziz additood, est ist nach Ostfront driven der Krankenwagen oder der Scheissetruck fur dich.

I couldn't drive enough similar BMWagen and Führerwagen nach Scheißostfront in 1989, so keen were the comrades to pay me Bonhams prices for those heaps.

I mustard mitt that I weirdly like the Jewish golden waftbarge with Freikorps-brown velourstasticness, but still would have goosebumps on the soles of my feet every time I drive it,

so I declare solidarity with Voivod aristocracy.

Guest Breadvan72

Anyone want five free tyres?   I am going to get 205s, because the all season tyres I want are not available in 225.  Suppose I could always track the fook out of the old ones, but auto waftbarge hardly the obvious OMG RWD TRK WPN CRU.

Having said that, when I did a day with BMW driving the whole 1993 model range around Silverstone in sunny weather, the 5 series touring was a hoot. More sideways fun than the M3, and millions of times better than the goppingly awful 8 series.  The 318iS was the best actual car for a mere mortal to fling about under expert tuition. 

Opted for Michelin CrossClimate, supposedly good all year round.  Fitting tomorrow.

Guest Breadvan72

I still have available a travelling Dolomite Sprint Guru person for the use of. 

It would rescue the Dolly from a life of a yellow paperweight and he is very reasonable re: price.

Thanks, but Roy the Super Mech is back in action, at least for light work, so he is coming to sort the Dolly next week, hopefully.  

Guest Breadvan72

I couldn't drive enough similar BMWagen and Führerwagen nach Scheißostfront in 1989, so keen were the comrades to pay me Bonhams prices for those heaps.

I mustard mitt that I weirdly like the Jewish golden waftbarge with Freikorps-brown velourstasticness, but still would have goosebumps on the soles of my feet every time I drive it,

so I declare solidarity with Voivod aristocracy.

The Polska szlachcianka will be glad to hear it, especially as some of her forebears were Austrian Grafs and such like.   Always shagging, those Eurotoffs, eh? 

Surprised those Ivans paid you when they could just have had the Bimmercrates nicked the to order.  That is what happened to my fully loaded 1993 E36 325i.  

The Polska szlachcianka will be glad to hear it, especially as some of her forebears were Austrian Grafs and such like.   Always shagging, those Eurotoffs, eh?

I think our hegemonic ambition was implemented in a slightly more pleasant fashion than others deemed appropriate.

In particular shooting ships to smithereens underneath ones arses would have been considered rather inconvenient by a chronically hydrophobic mountain tribe like us.

Surprised those Ivans paid you when they could just have had the Bimmercrates nicked the to order.  That is what happened to my fully loaded 1993 E36 325i.

They only nick cars that aren't for sale. Russian psyche works differently, ask semi-Austrian Edelfrau, she'll confirm.

525iSE's with the BBS wheels should be 225/60s. They are getting harder to find though.

Great cars but remember not to rev in in P or N as it burns the front clutch pack out. Leave it in D in traffic as well. If you are garaging the car, either whip the HRW fuse out or fit a new relay. These are now having cases of fires under the back seat when the HRW relay decides to short itself out. New cams are getting harder to find now (M30 cams are now BMW only) so whip the lid off, run through the tappets (10 thou inlet, 12 exhaust no matter what the book says) and do them with the engine stone cold. The M20 2.5 just idles better with a couple of thou more clearance on the exhausts. Whip the spray bar off (two 7mm unions) and either fit a new one or run a 2mm drill through the holes to open them up. Make sure you refit it the right way - it's a long time since I've done one, but on the M30 you could refit the spray bar the wrong way and starve 6 lobes of oil.

Nice easy cam belt on these as well, loads of room to work.

Guest Breadvan72

IRussian psyche works differently, ask semi-Austrian Edelfrau, she'll confirm.

Ask a Pole who he/she will fight first - the Russians or the Germans.  Answer:  the Germans.  Business before pleasure.

Guest Breadvan72
BMW in "resists car bloatage" SHOCKA.  Most cars that have gone through several iterations have become heyewaaaargely mahoarsive compared to their old selves, but 2014 Bimmerfive not a whole lot bigger than 1990 Bimmerfive:

c3HbFGmm.jpg

3hqaFoiE.jpg

Guest Breadvan72

Uber shite accompaniment.  Legit disabled parking, as my mum and her blue badge were with me, but someone still keyed the Bimmer!  MyJag got keyed last week as well.  Hey ho.

post-5528-0-70457100-1444684231_thumb.jpg

post-5528-0-00485500-1444684270_thumb.jpg

Guest Breadvan72

See, an Austrian would just shag all of them.

The Countess says that you and she are probably cousins of some sort and on that basis have probably already shagged one another at some point. 

Aristos, eh?

I'm glad Mrs WW's old uncles home made thief deterant lock lives on. He also used to keep a brick in the car (?) but we kept that.

I hope you fit the lock to the BMW in a swanky part of that London.

Car looks grand. Bet it's a lovely place to pop your posterior for half a day. Just smile and watch the world swoosh by.

Guest Breadvan72

Neues tyres, ja!    Grippentasticen!

JRG is THE colour -saw an X3 in it this morning, also a Rover and even a mad Nissan sporty nuttermobile. Driving a late 80s BMW caused me to (inadvertently) jump a line of cars that were (unbeknown to me, really, truly), waiting for some roadwork lights. I also made a left turn with a late signal and got a honk from white-van-up-my-chuff-dude.  Ich bin ein Bimmerdriver!  (AKA: cunt)

post-5528-0-09728500-1444848451_thumb.jpg

post-5528-0-65483400-1444848508_thumb.jpg

BMW in "resists car bloatage" SHOCKA.  Most cars that have gone through several iterations have become heyewaaaargely mahoarsive compared to their old selves, but 2014 Bimmerfive not a whole lot bigger than 1990 Bimmerfive:

c3HbFGmm.jpg

3hqaFoiE.jpg

I thought that was becoming a spar? Sure I saw a sign saying so. Not been in yet as I;ve not run stupidly low on fuel and nipped in on my way to work yet...

Guest Breadvan72

I thought that was becoming a spar? Sure I saw a sign saying so. Not been in yet as I've not run stupidly low on fuel and nipped in on my way to work yet...

Shop is a Spar, I think. New fuel pumps, shop a tiny bit bigger than before, but not that much different.  I go to Stokenchurch to bag  V Power for the sportier old heaps, but if I CBA or am fueling up the Landy I lob in to the local..