BMW E34 525i SE Now sold to scrapper.

Guest Breadvan72

Guest Breadvan72

Greeted at Northallerton Railway by Lowtimer, now of this Parish, in his flash git K reg Merc 500 SL-32, and blatted at many leptons up to Washington.  I would have posted en route via phone but for some reason I can't post owt that way.  Now back at Northallerton so can post via laptop.  

Lovely gold Bimmer of lovely gold goldenness spotted, and handover completed.  There was even time for a mild bit of Woollarding (apols for non beige clothing and lack of blouson).  Forgot pezzer station money shot, apols, will do a fakey one tomozzer.

Car is smoooooooooth and most 80s BMW-like (which, it being an 80s BMW, is pretty handy).  Me happy.  Now: Plan Pub.

post-5528-0-83000400-1444496704_thumb.jpg

post-5528-0-48297000-1444496734_thumb.jpg

post-5528-0-61684400-1444496759_thumb.jpg

Guest Breadvan72

See above re Rover, re posted here for quick ref:

I know.  I am perturbed.  No obvious signs of engine failure such as noises, vibrations, smoke etc, but sudden deposit of oil from exit point unknown while car outside house.  Needs to be towed to somewhere that can get it up on a ramp.  Oil was recent and fresh, filter ditto, appears to have been oil reaching cam box, camshaft does not appear to have self welded.  I cannot see if there is a hole in the block.   Sump seems OK as car not dropping oil after refilling. Mysterious and a tad concerning.     

Guest Breadvan72

I was going to post some more photos, but Lowtimer has me gimped up in his Northallerton Palace of Pleasure, so I will just steal one of Laser Wheels' original 4 SAYELL pics.

Yesterday evening, LT put on his best flat cap, lowered the roof on his aspiring mid 90s drug dealer Merc, and we set off for a pleasant (and rapid) rural hoon looking like the most (the only?) Metrosexual couple in all of Yorkshire.  Pub scoff v fine, then back to watch "The Blue Max" on DVD, which was much better than I'd remembered it to be.  NB: Ursula Andress with magic gravity defying towel.  Only ruined by people speaking English with comedy Cherman accents (even worse than Junkman), except for James Mason as scheming aristo General (doubling up as Ms Andress' pimp) who just does standard posh drawl, barring one crazed Sieg Heil moment in cod Cherman near the end.  Bonus Anton Diffring and Derren Nesbitt spottages for that "made just two years before Where Eagles Dare" thang.

Anyway, back to brown:

post-5528-0-01743000-1444546462_thumb.jpg

Photar copyright laser wheels 2015, used under standard Autoshite "you robbing git" stealage licence.

Text from Countess Blondewska:  "If it has brown velour seats, you're chucked."   Hmmm, this could require some fast talking.

Or a trip to Halfords for some upmarket* seatcovers, I believe they have some nice pink "Hello Kitty" ones - and when she complains about those, get the nice white plastic ones from a service department

Great purchase, I have done many miles in E34s and always liked them. I like the outside colour but brown cloth, I am with the Countess!

If you want to show it off tomorrow night in Milton Keynes there is a BMW club meeting all welcome, I will be there.

DATE:- MONDAY 12TH OCTOBER

TIME:- 7.pm normal start

VENUE:-

Abbey Hill Golf Club

Monks Way,

Two Mile Ash,

Milton Keynes

MK8 8AA

I have been driving my 735i SE today, I still like it after 7 1/2 years of ownership.

I did notice you are claiming to have a 1990 BMW 325i SE, you have claimed it so I think you should buy one as well and list the 5 series while you are at it!

That's definitely the original key ring. My dad bought an (e28) 5 series from Beechwood Warrington in the early/mid 1980s - the key ring it came with was identical to that. 

Beechwood was a small dealer on Farrell Street in Warrington, which lost its franchise about the time your BMW was registered. I remember they were a bit dodgy: my dad didn't trust them and once caught them having not changed the oil or filter on his car - despite having paid about £300 for one of the major services there. They offered to do the service 'again' for free!

You'll have to report back whether the wafty BMW is waftier than the sports Jaguar. I'm not sure it will be!

If it will fit in a senator, it should/could fit in an SD1! - Rover 3600 or Rover 4000 both have a ring to them. Fit an AJ6 to keep the big six feel!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vauxhall-Senator-by-Tom-Walkinshaw-Racing-with-Jaguar-engine-suspension-mods-/231716826645?

(I'm not sure I believe the TWR history to this one)

Guest Breadvan72

Derr, me has done shit typage on profile, meant 525, said 325 derr.

Car mucho wafty, quickish, sort of, takes a bit of winding up.  Good predictable handling, brakes good.    Everything works.  Slight clunky plunk from rear end when you apply power from overrun.   Faint whine from steering column at low speed.  Rear tyres a tad Kung Fu (to be changed asap).  All feels very solid and well made, and the sheer brown brownness of the interior is WINNHAH.     Not as quick or as whooshy as SD1, but better brakes and less fragile. Totes diffo from waft-o-Jaaaag.

Interesting (well, mildly, in a spoddish way)  to compare SE spec of 1989/90 E34 five series to SE spec of 1986 three series that I had ages ago.  That had a trip computer and the clock was digital.  This one has no putah (yay!) and an analogue clock in that classy Cherman stylee.  Left and right side separate temperature controls, but no air con (yay).  

Yoofy Bimmerdudes in a mid noughties hotted up 3 summat liked the car at a garage.

Car almost taken direct to crusher on basis of junkman rules because interior light not illuminating when door opened, but correct switch position found, so, phew.

​post-5528-0-44411000-1444594741_thumb.jpg

Yo BV, if you plan using this in the winter may I suggest you fit some winter tyres, or at least all season ones.

I remember driving a mates 525i automatic in the snow a couple of years ago with ling-long ditch finders on, it's not something I like to recall too often.

Guest Breadvan72

Yo BV, if you plan using this in the winter may I suggest you fit some winter tyres, or at least all season ones.

I remember driving a mates 525i automatic in the snow a couple of years ago with ling-long ditch finders on, it's not something I like to recall too often.

The Ho Flung Dungs on the back are going in the skip asap.  The front has one actual Uniroyal and one WTF is that.  The tyres are 225/60s but should maybe be 205/65s. I think.   I am going to get some Goodyear Vector four season tyres from my local tyre bloke in a van, who fits tyres and balances wheel, working on the driveway.

Tyres apart, the car seems to have been well cared for by shiters various, and I am really rather pleased with it.  All the other heaps are supposed to be going indoors soon, leaving the poor Bimmer to brave the winter, with occasional aid from the Landy if the weather really craps out.  

Guest Breadvan72

It drifts a lot better in snow with semi-bald dingalongs on back. Trust me.

Ach, mit ziz additood, est ist nach Ostfront driven der Krankenwagen oder der Scheissetruck fur dich.