ajcherry spottings

ajcherry

Very envious of the spotting opportunities that You southern chaps seem to find....I'm in Bournemouth Thursday to Sunday this week: Anyone know if there's any good stuff to be snapped down there? :)

I'm sure if you shall look than you shall find. I was there for a weekend last year but I was there with the g/f so my mind was on other things (our first weekend away together). I would think the outer areas like Boscombe would bear more fruit than central affluent Bournemouth - apart from go anywhere retro vehicles like old Camper vans etc.I would say Brighton wins hands down for tat in the seaside stakes.....

I've visited Hastings many times as my grand mother lives there. Even from a very young age, I noticed a preponderance of shite in the area. I must take my camera everywhere when I visit again next year.Some fantastic spots in here, AJC. Good work. I've just read through all 15 pages - chock full of quality tat, each one!KJ :D

I have always been convinced of the rich vein of tat that lives in East Sussex & Kent. A few years ago there was a free ads mag every Friday called Car Ad - as a supplement to the 'Friday Ad'. It was always teeming with interesting tat - the best stuff always had an East Sussex / Kent phone number or postcode! There was a table in there showing the area codes and more often than not, cars I liked the sound of were based in places like Polegate & Hastings.

Thank you for you kind comments.It gives me great pleasure to post pictures of such fine tat here.I`ve just posted the picture of this Datsun 120Y on the Datsun Forum.Seeing any Datsun on the roads is a very rare site(happens about once a year for me) and i`m a taxi driver so drive 40,000 miles a year(no offence taken for comment about bad driving of taxi drivers made in another post-it`s true anyway although not in my case).Anyway i had to follow in pursuit of this beauty this morning.It`s a one elderly lady owner car on her way to the hairdressers.Apart from some minor rust bubbles to the doors not evident in the pictures it looked to be immaculate.Enjoy...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Don't think I've seen a Chairman conversion on a Roverised Metro and certainly never a five-door one. Is the company still in business? It's a shame that we're not getting stuff like the Ford Ka bastardised in similar fashion. :lol:

Guest greenvanman

It's a shame that we're not getting stuff like the Ford Ka bastardised in similar fashion. :lol:

:lol: I'd pay good money to see that!

Yeah I wonder why theres no modern equiivalent of these wheelchair metros. I guess if you'd lost your legs in a horrible accident, it just adds insult to injury if you then have to travel in a fuggin Perodua Kenari with a fibreglass greenhouse riveted on top, i'd probably choose to stay at home.

Guest greenvanman

Yeah I wonder why theres no modern equiivalent of these wheelchair metros. I guess if you'd lost your legs in a horrible accident, it just adds insult to injury if you then have to travel in a fuggin Perodua Kenari with a fibreglass greenhouse riveted on top, i'd probably choose to stay at home.

Most of them these days seem to be based on the Kangoo & Peugeot Partner and their ilk, though, which are tall enough not to need the extra superstructure and as such less likely to embarrass the passengers.

I saw a Yaris Verso thing the other day, it looks like that car was designed for mobility users from the very start. It had bonnet to windscreen proportions like that kid from 'mask'.These spots seem to confirm that the south coast seem to be better protected against sea salt than their long departed models along the North east coast - I've hardly seen anything recently. I'm not happy with this development.

I`ve just posted this Datsun 620 pick up on the D.O.C site and Old Japanese Car site but for those of you who don`t visit these sites here it is here.DVLA figures for 2004 said only 4 left on the road so truly rare.Enjoy

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Wow. Whadda shame about the incorrect rear lamps (I think someone posted a period rear end shot of a beige example when nearly new not so long back) but at least it's still with us. I do fear for its future though, looks one step away from being crushed/rat-rodded/expensively restored, depending on who owns it.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

A varied selection of spots here.

Yet another Fiat Croma spotted in a Tesco carpark and very nice condition it was perhaps only let down by the roof bars.

Posted Image

Posted Image

A Maxi2 exiting the very same carpark with roof bars that looked just right on this.

Posted Image

Citroen CX

Posted Image

And still on the Citroen theme only much nicer and rarer a DS convertible, left hand drive of course and probably would cost you an arm and leg to buy one but very nice all the same.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Wow, that red Croma is gorgeous 8) Minty mint

Too right!! I wouldn't have believd there were any left in that sort of condition. Gotta admit, I don't like the things, but that's such a beauty it's hard not to love it! Someone clearly does, wonder what the story is? And, obviously, the DS is simply stunning. But, I can honestly say I'd not previously noticed how very odd the rear indicators are!