Renner Scenics...

Dukestar25

Zafira's are the devils work.Yeah, you can get a fast one. But what the chuff is the point of a car for carrying kids that 95% of kids car seats don't fit into. The whole 'safety' thing does boil my piss though. I would never ever in a million years pick a Picasso or a Megane or a Zafira or any of them as a decent way to spend money given the choice. But now NCAP points and airbags win over actual quality. Whatever happened to sitting on a cusion and 5 kids crammed into the back of a granada. FFS....PPS: Do any wealthy shiters have experience of the ford c-max/s-max?It's quite important........ :wink:

I'm not wealthy! Just to say we thought we'd try out Ford at work and bought 3 Focus diesel autos, all three are so hopelessly unreliable through numerous gearbox and electrical faults that coupled with utterly laughable dealer ineptitude we're taking legal action to refuse the cars. It's a shame as it was my idea!

I had a rental C-Max a couple of years ago, went ok, and seemed to have lots of room, but on the second leg of the trip I got a new shape Sceinic, which i much prefered. There just seemed to have been a lot more thought which went into the design of the Scenic. Storage everywhere, electric handbrake - which i actually grew to like - as it automatically releases itself on hillstarts (did end up trying to drive off with the handbrake on once i got back in my own car though!) Very comfortable and well spec'ed inc cruise control and a speed limiter, clever seating etc etc.The C-Max also seemed to be made from cheaper materials than the normal focus, a car that i do like, all the plastics seemed cheap and brittle and it had no equipment over the standard focus, just more room.If I had to buy one for myself, probably wouldn't buy a scenic as I have heard too many horror stories though.b

• 2 weeks later...

Older Scenics all seem to be driven by idiots. Thick as pigshit housewives with only a vague idea of how to drive, and doddering old farts. It's also made by Renault, the absolute Sovereign of horrid French junk, another reason to avoid.What was that terrible abortion with the big black plastic bumpers and stupid ride height called again? Like the StreetWise Rover only worse.The Focus Estate is the way to go for the reasons mentioned, and you won't look like an idiot driving one.

What was that terrible abortion with the big black plastic bumpers and stupid ride height called again?

That'll be the RX4

Posted Image

Only the French could come up with junk like that.

And sell it to us.

The Koleos is probably even worse.

"I bought it because.........I'm a fcucking idiot".

Can't believe some of the fancy suggestions that are coming up here, thought this was Autoshite, not Auto Express!One of my scruffier mates stepdad had the ultimate MPV - a knackered ex-builder slattygrille MK3 Transit. You had to sit in the back as he drove down to the car auctions to buy scabby old Fiestas/Orions.Later he upgraded it by adding a few plastic lawn chairs held in loosely with towrope.

Megane RX4, it's the new Matra Rancho.

Actually, who not a Rancho*?

Lots of space plus the added shite kudos of rattley tappets and appalling quality. STYLIN.

*Why not? Because they are extinct! And even if you did find one it would fizz away to nothing in 8.3 seconds.

Can't believe some of the fancy suggestions that are coming up here, thought this was Autoshite, not Auto Express!

Indeed!

I'd happily own another Phase1 Mk2 Scenic!

The RX4 looked so bad, it was almost good. . .

well average. . .

okay then crap.

But it's bizarre - as were the people who bought it. . .

However, it's SHITE not shit. :D

Alternatively, how about an early Ford Galaxy? Decent engines, fair amount of parts still available and apparantly nice to drive, being based on the Mondeo.

Nah, Seat Alhambra for the obscure win, VW Sharon & Tracy for the non-blue oval alternative. I did drive a diesel auto one of these a while back. Not exactly rapid but I quite liked it, in a shonky kind of way.

Almera Tino FTW, as mentioned.Mainly because my aunt, who is literally the worst driver in the world, has owned it and abused it, and it got through MOT after MOT with no advisories and routine services.Did smell of piss because of the kids though.

This is autoshite! You are supposed to like that sort of dross. I'd happily drive a Scenic RX4. Just imagine the shite cachet they will have in a few years when theyve all been scrapped!

No No No. There's a world of difference between interesting but worthless old cars and 0-10 year old shit like the Scenic.