03 Lupo SELLED!

Jim Bell

I've seen the odd yellow Seat Arosa, but few Lupos. Most bright ones I've seen are the equally awesome lurid green.

I like how much bare painted metal is visible in the Lupo.

(FWIW, shameful confession; if you ever end up with a yellow New Beetle and can't get on with it, I'll probably want it. Particularly if it has a sunroof).

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2001-VOLKSWAGEN-LUPO-E-Only-1-0-Litre-Low-Insurance-12mth-Warranty-/251718241803?hash=item3a9b938e0b

Older than mine, comparable miles, much more price!

Or double money for nearly double miles:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Volkswagen-Lupo-/111761125107?hash=item1a057b6ef3

Yellow is expensive.

^worth digging out!

It would be, it'll have been looked after by the owners son without quibble I would have thought to boot. Not for me at the moment though; I'm waiting to hear back about another Swift and something SVM approved.

PS, plenty seemed keen for the 405 if that comes up for grabs...

Cheers for the trim offer dude. I was gonna have a look round the scrappy for one today.

I don't think it's financially viable to sell the 405 really. I've just spent £300 ish doing the clutch, and £103 on a battery (and £30 on some oem headlight protectors). If it came to selling it, I think it would be at a price above what a Shitter would want to pay, so it probably wouldn't sell anyway.

Awesome little things, i've had mine 9 years. Mines black with a black and red interior.

I'm ashamed to say it's spent the last 4 years on the drive with a dodgey box i never been arsed to change.

Club lupo is a good forum for these, if you get past the roofrack and pineapple twats.

Drivers door locks go fucked, as do window regulators (ask me how i know?) mine would always do 45mpg no matter how hard driven.

Check gearbox oil as well.

Cheers man, I have signed up there. They dont seem very sociable though.

Checked the gearbox oil and topped it up, it wasnt far short though.

Just got a oil filter, fuel filter, air filter, cabin filter, cam belt kit and water pump from GSF. Just need some oil and we will be away!

Is this where you spend loads on it then sell it in a few months thus benefitting the new owner?

Your MO seems to be ...

1. Buy decent enough car

2. Make it immeasurably better

3. Sell at loss to grateful shiter

Where did you get your endless pot of cash? :D

I don't have kids, or any other dependants and I keep going Bankrupt.  Its stupid, and needs to stop.

There should be more people like WilsonWilson!

Agreed.

Wow, should hold mega value then in years to come

Saw an UP yesterday that had been lowered, on steels with no front plate. looked Kind of Fucked UP

I edited that for comedy, but according to a lovely Indian lady I used to work with who had a Lupo (a 1.3), the UP was VW's idea of a joke and the lUPO was so much nicer.

Note how the lUPo became the UP, but with citroen the AX became the sAXo

Best birthday ever was when a car drove past and fired what turned out to be a CX 22 TRS wheeltrim. Spent the rest of the day clutching the precious. It had been giffered with silver hammerite and a small Citroën badge (the blue/gold one) in the centre.

Didn't match anything I had as my TRS was alternating the factory trims or polished Pallas discs depending on mood. But truly, the goddesses of Citroën smiled upon me and gave bounty on the anniversary of my birth.

Now, if the gods of Honda want to deal up a random blue passenger side door in a hedge...

Boring update.

I'm remarkably cack-handed while at the same time being incredibly ham-fisted.  Neither are conducive to fixing cars, so I normally leave the seriousness to the proffesionals.  Or at least someone with a far higher level of ability.

So tomorrow, a real grown up will be doing the cam belt and water pump on the little Looper.  While its in there, it'll have the filters and oil swapped.

d95l0Sk.png

With the big stuff farmed out, I began undertaking work more suited to my skillset.

I decided to change the cabin/pollen filter.

Think its in here somewhere:

mRiPFSN.jpg

2IT98PC.jpg

Ah. It seems my base model pov spec car doesnt run a pollen filter.  It doesnt even have a housing. Ah well.  Not the best start.  Lets do more stupid.

Tools:

3gLwZ4j.jpg

I dont like the shiny bits here.  Must have been covered at one time, so lets employ tool 1.

M50U0ZC.jpg

SGLsIUg.jpg

That looks about 0.7% better*

*a panel of 6 people were surveyed.

Next, the drivers window winder.  The knob-end (fnar) comes (fnar) adrift due to a a snapping of clips that retain it onto the winding arm.   I could buy a replacement arm and knob (fnar), but I've got this black tape and a cable tie, which will allow us to retain ALL ORIGINAL PARTS on this MATCHING NUMBERS car.

FpmNs4V.jpg

*izzy wizzy, lets get busy*

O4bzxBi.jpg

Well that looks 1.6% better* - but is fully functional.  I'm calling that a partial win.

Lets try electrics!

The heater panel has no light.  I'm using my wealth of experience and guessing that its probably a bulb.

I can probably manage a bulb.  He thought, confidently.

TyvloYJ.jpg

Oooo! Found a coin tray and cup holder

tOe1CGl.jpg

Concentrate on the job at hand!!

No lights:

bVovtGu.jpg

Cack-fist powers, engage!!!

Tool2 has entered the game:

5uCX2Xp.jpg

1We9gD0.jpg

Yw9qS5I.jpg

Get in there new fucker.

VGuJGe3.jpg

Ta da!

o86OxxO.jpg

dcQTvnN.png

WHY ARE YOU TRY TO FIX ME DAVE?  WHY NOT PLAY CHESS?

Lights are on!  Check out ALL of my accessory switch blanks!

3QuTbsk.png

The spare wheel (which used to be the pass side front) had been bent when a young lady that owned the car before me drove into a kerb because probably periods.

eYj0zNT.jpg

The early Lupos keep a full size spare, so I tracked one down.  Great Continental tyre too!  Bargain.

IuOOcP5.jpg

Get in the boothole!

InHHU1V.jpg

Rounding off this fine days work, I tracked down a correct wheel trim and cleaned the dash.

jh1veIo.jpg

All corners now match and the car looks a bit better for it.

dOErX99.jpg

Boring clean dash shot.

QksLISR.jpg

That's all for today.  Big jobs (fnar) commence tomorrow.