Countryman

bigstraight6

Pre-68 is coming... :twisted: Only joking. I'd fully restore the running gear & structural points, then roll with the rest of it in that exact condition. In fact, I'd use it as a tow-car, turning up at Austin club meetings pulling a mint condition Metro VP on a trailer. Just to see their faces.

Check out this lovely old Austin rarity!

'Lovely' wasn't the first adjective that sprang to mind when I opened the thread. However it is DELIGHTFUL to see that this has survived against the odds. Mega-spot.

I like the Montego Countryman, I remember my grandad getting one as a courtesy car when his 309 was in for repairs - it felt really classy and luxurious in comparison, even with a Perkins Prima in the nose.

Really? When I drove taxis we had a Montego VDP EFi and it felt like a right nail compared to the 405s, even with the leather. Mind you, it was almost certainly a cut and shut.Went well though, I had it showing 130 once and it got there very quickly indeed. It strikes me that the average Montego Countryman would have overtaken the old one for rust within about 6 years.