THAT SPANISH BASTARD! Sold for exportingness

outlaw118

Just a tentative "test the reaction" type post.....

Seat Leon Cupra 1.8T Pezzle. 

It's on a "52" plate with 145k ish on it...may be a few moar or less, but it's cold outside and I can't be arsed to put any trousers on.

Good Bits.

Recent battery, rear brake discs and OSR caliper, new clutch and DMF (last summer), gearbox replaced with lower mileage item (after the original shat itself on the M25), Aircon regassed last year, still nice and cold, new crankshaft sensor last year too, 

Goes like stink, handles really well, and if you behave on a long run, you'll get 40mpg (I would have managed that on the way home from Chumongdely but I had an incident with a Fiesta ST....). has a 6 CD multi-changer in t'glovebox.

Not So Good Bits

The last owner wore rings/studs/buckles a lot so theres loads of little scratches, some of which do polish out. There is however a large scratch/gouge out of the lower part of the NSF bumper wot I did on a low wall in my garden, attempting a 3 point turn. It's annoying, but I've not got round to trying to do anything with it, I'd probably only make it worse. Wee bleb of rust on OSR wheel arch.

It leaks. Apparently a known fault - see cupranet.com, there's a fix which i've read about which involves mastic and shit...I've boiught the trim clips which is as far as i've got. As a consequence, the car smells a bit sometimes, and the dashboard flickers when it's parked sometimes, due to condensation on the PCD or summert....

Don't buy this car if you've got a spine made out of porcelain. It's pretty crashy sometimes, and the roads being as poxy as they are, it gets a bit tedious sometimes. Still, a trade off for handling prowess I suppose.

Drivers door lock currently held in with Araldite or similar, looks shit. I bought a new barrel and lost the little securing screw inside the door. haven't got round to sorting that out either.

EML light on, it's some sensor or other, mymechanic chappie said "if it's orange, it's not important". It's orange.

I've scratched the hot-hatch itch now, and while it's working, after spending dosh on it to get it to this point, the obvious thing to do now is sell it. 

I had a Volvo V40 T4 before this, hankering after another. 

I am old....but not old enough to know any better.

Thinking £800 ish,  shiters discount.

1239600_10200795833993130_741530927_n.jp

1185765_10200795835113158_96121162_n.jpg

My neighbour's did that water ingress yrick. seem to recall he just removed the interior door cards and shoved mastic everywhere. Didn't take him long at tall and was a pretty simple job, so shouldn't be a problem for any buyer.

The water leak issue is straightforward to solve - did all four doors on my Toledo with Tiger Seal a couple of years ago and they're still dry. Not a big job, all four doors takes an hour or so to do.  

Disconnect the battery for half an hour and that resets the ECU, I keep doing that as mine has the same issue. Normally stays off for six months or thereabouts.

GLWS though!

• 1 month later...

Right, having looked into my pricing it appears that i'm being overly optimistic, and it needs to be sold.

Before I deal with roffles/ebay mongs/ bumtree retards et al, I'm thinking £650 to a shiter, £800 to "normal" people, via Auto Trader, ebay etc.

Anyone?

Just to add, it's taxed....for now, will SORN 30/11/15, as I needs teh dosh.

Will do the valet and photo thing when i get the chance, but got all 3 grandkids this arvo, so may be an issue!!!

Roffle will be arranged if enough interest, not just SS!!

I've been thinking about prices.....£11 each, two for £20? If all the tickets sold individually that'd get me £649, if i sold 29 pairs and one single, that'd be £591.

I can live with either, or a combination would work out somewhere between the two. 

Just don't want it hanging about too long!

Right chaps, need to get cracking, will roffle this if there's enough interest, so far Mr Cav and Mr Moog have said they're up for it, so thats 53 potential tickets left.

£11 each or 2 for £20.

Or are we all roffled out?

Right, the great and good have spoken, a OMGROFFLE it is then.

£11 each, two for £20, will message paypal deets once about half gone. Copy and pastage if you please...or I will edit...WOTEVAR

1 -

2 -

3 -

4 -

5 -

6 -

7 -

8 - Sporteh Shite

9 -

10 - The Moog

11 -

12 -

13 - Sporteh Shite

14 -

15 -

16 - The Moog

17 -

18 -

19 -

20 -

21 -

22 -

23 -

24 -

25 - Cavcraft

26 -

27 - Danterezza

28 -

29 -

30 -

31 - The Donkey

32 - Sealtainn

33 -

34 -

35 -

36 -

37 -

38 -

39 -

40 -

41 -

42 -

43 - Cavcraft

44 -

45 -

46 -

47 -

48 -

49 - Sealtainn

50 -

51 -

52 -

53 -

54 -

55 - The Donkey

56 -

57 -

58 - Danterezza

59 -

Good luck everyone - you won't regret it!

Random numbers provided by http://www.mathgoodies.com/calculators/random_no_custom.html

Edited by outlaw118

1 -
2 -
3 -
4 -
5 -
6 -
7 -
8 - Sporteh Shite
9 -
10 - The Moog
11 -