For sale: Peugeot 605 SVE auto

Partridge

Due to an unexpected bill and my pay packet due to be clobbered by being off ill, this is going to have to go already. Shame, because I really like this car.

Drives OK, approx 89,000 miles, paint shit, looses coolant, four good tyres, MoT until May. £450. Located near Huntingdon.

Hense price, the car will be getting an oil change before it goes anywhere and I have a passenger mirror in green to replace the current one on the way (smashed casing) which wasn't cheap. It will also be valated by myself.

15n3og7.jpg

aaip01.jpg

The car over heated on me once. Since tracing the problem to a dicky expansion tank cap, it has not done it again but does loose coolant, meaning it has to be topped up every other day. At the moment it only has water, no coolant, so this will need to be sorted before the cold weather comes.

The car is showing no warnings of OMFGHGF.

Power steering sometimes plays hide and seek.

Stops well enough, but has a slight judder under harder braking.

Handbrake light sometimes comes on for no reason other than to annoy you.

Will need a ruddy good service.

Tracking is well out.

Sunroof, cruise and heated seats don't work.

I've driven the car from Warrington to Peterborough, Peterborough to Bournemouth and Peterborough to Warrington without the need of an AA truck or a clean pair of underpants. Seems a pretty fair trial.

Unless you're a mate I won't take offers, and good luck finding another.

Keyboard warriors and smartarses need not apply.

I should be around this weekend and every evening this week for viewing.

*Current Autoshite response* OMG that's well expensive, I know all there is about these and I can tell by the way the car sits that's it's a cut and shut and it's a death trap and it's not worth any more than £6.54....

Only joking. It looks a cracker for the money. Such a good looking car I think. GLWTS

The French Car Forum is probably worth trying, if you haven't already. Not been on there in a while, but there used to be a fair bit of love for these. Nothing you've stated (problem wise) seems a big deal and it looks class, especially at that price.

In the early days of the Blair reign, there was a visit to my oldest daughter's school ( the head was an old uni friend of Tone) Blair and Brown arrived in armoured Jags, Blunket was in a Rover 600, I bet they told him it was a Jag though.

If that 605 it's still around in a month or so ,I'll try to convince No. 2 Daughter that it would be a good replacement for her 600 if it fails its test too severely. She's quite partial to old barges and if memory serves she was brought home from hospital in a 605 V6 ( funny spec ,only 12v but manual with cloth, before us it had been on demo with The Flying Squad! Don't know if they ever bought any)