Never ending ebay twats

CortinaDave

Just flogged my Probe. Listed it on ebay on sunday night, and got a good offer from someone from the probe owners club who came and picked it up last night.. so I ended the ebay auction early.Got this today:Dear cortinadave,Ok so now you stil have a car you don't want because of a silly reserve. Ebay is not like a normal auction where the bidding starts at a price determined by the room. YOU have the choice to start the auction at the lowest price you are willing to accept (i.e, your reserve price), so everyone knows where they stand and every bid you get counts. Before you say "you get less bids that way, look at your car, it's still outside unsold and you've wasted money on listing fees. I am interested in the car but very UNinterested in playing the "ooh! what's the reserve" game, so as it would seem was everybody else. Good luck.- tyanaminand my reply..Actually I ended the auction early because someone made me an offer on the car which I was happy to accept and they picked the car up and drove it away last night.Its my car, I’ll sell it any way I like, and frankly I don’t give a monkeys what you think!

Simply add them to your 'list of favorite sellers' so that you are automatically prompted when they sell something, and bombard them with irritating questions. If you're feeling really vitriolic, win their item and serve up a hot steaming pile of NEG.

Thats a GR8 idea, only prob being when they do exactly the same back to you. :evil:

Simply add them to your 'list of favorite sellers' so that you are automatically prompted when they sell something, and bombard them with irritating questions. If you're feeling really vitriolic, win their item and serve up a hot steaming pile of NEG.

Thats a GR8 idea, only prob being when they do exactly the same back to you. :evil:
Have 2 ID's - I do, one for selling (fatha_ted) and another for buying.

I put an old Vanden Plas up last week, lots of 'rite m8, ow much for csh/ I'l give you 100 and colect tomrrw' type questions, I replied to them all explaining that it's an auction, (I also added them to the block bidder list), anyway, a thoroughly pleasant guy came to have a look, so I let him have it, for less than it was thus far bid up to, ended the auction, and then the messages, similar to op above started, you would think they were penned by a greedy fat spoilt 8 year old who's been told he can't have another puppy. I can feel it in my water, that if I'd let the auction run, it would have been another huge waste of time courtesy of some pikey twunt. What did I miss in the last few years that led to the gyppo masses of the world signing up with ebay, did ebay run some hugely successful ad campaign in the Dregs of Society Gazette?

Youre getting it all wrong man. CortinaDave did you not sell your car thanks to eBay? OK not through eBay (even better) but it still sold thanks to being on there.Don't forget, eBay turns potential real-life tyre kicking twats into virtual ones, that you can send packing with a few taps on a keyboard. Much easier to deal with them from your PC with a can of beer, than getting phone calls at 3am, waiting in for clueless morons to not turn up, folk looking at what tools you've got in your garage etc etc.Dont get me wrong eBay are crooks but its still an essential tool for the serious shiter.

Jeez, I've had far too many idiots sending messages and asking questions about the Jensen while it's been on Pistonheads..."Want to swap it for a P reg Volvo T5?", Um, no ta. Unless you're throwing in about £9k."I've got a lovely TR7 V8, I think it's worth £5500, your Jensen is up for £9995, so lets meet half way and I give you £4k and the TR7". Um, I think your TR7 is worth £3500 at a push, gimme that and £7k."I want to buy your Jensen, but I'm in Australia so it'll be expensive to ship it. Will you take $7000 AUS for it?" (Correct me if I'm wrong, but €7000 AUS is around £4.75 even at todays exchange rate, innit?)"Would you take my S reg Range Rover P38 in p/x?" I told him yes I would, as long as he wasn't being mental with his valuation. Negotiations stumbled somewhat when he wanted to give me £1500 and the Range Rover. There's at least £6k missing from that deal.I've had one serious enquiry in the last three months about it, a couple of random ones, a few "thanks but no thanks" ones I don't mind, but the number of people who've actually turned up...... zero.There is one due tomorrow sometime.... I will report outcomings.Thing is, I'm getting really pissed off with spending days making the thing as clean and presentable as possible only to be let down by people expecting to buy the fucking thing for peanuts. It's already fucking cheap for what it is.

Sorry to hear about your problems pete. Is it an Interceptor or a C541? Or one of those Jensen Healey wotsits?Without wishing to hijack, I've only ever sold one car and it was the easiest sale EVAH. Women came, looked at it, and gave me the asking price within 15 minutes.So I am pretty clueless when it comes to selling.At the moment I'm giving serious thought to punting the Celeste on. It needs a fair bit of work doing to it but wouldn't be impossible to make roadworthy again.However, like Pete (but at the diametric opposite of the scale) I have had several messers and one polite 'thanks but no thanks' off a gent off here, whom I hope I haven't offended by appearing stand offish. I have had (with one exception obviously) nowt but messers who seem to hassle the fuck out of me then shit it when money \ action \ moving is required.How do I balance a 'will listen to offers' attitude against 'don't fuck with me you shitting oxygen thief'?Pricing? I was going to aim high and start a bit above what I'd actually take. I though that was the fashion and all that.Does anyone know what mildly shagged Celestes are worth these days?It isn't going on RR for the moment because some little prick mouthed off and said I had an attitude and was ruining the forum because I pulled a bloke up on making offers on a car 'because I have to take a day off work and it's lots of fuel'. SO?Argh, help please.

Sorry to hear about your problems pete. Is it an Interceptor or a C541? Or one of those Jensen Healey wotsits?

Interceptor III Convertible.

This one.

Posted Image

Car luks a bit scruffy in foto and clearly needs a new clutch / gearbox / engine - will offer u half a packet of polo mints and £100 to take it away now M8 :lol:

Suppose I have been quite lucky really, the Kwak ER5 made some serious enquiies and when a bloke tuned up and test rode and offered me what I wanted I took it and pulled off the bay - saved the silly final value fees. Oddly though the Yam generated a siy number of tyre kickers and dreamers - £100 m8 cos the frame is bent, you have had an accident on it aint you? Was it fuck bent - to which I rather kindly replied to all like that "get bent dickweed."

Precisely why I don't bother with ebay any more to sell.Probably why the Celeste won't be going on there.

You're selling a Celeste?
I will if the price is right, I don't get pissed about and my current plan to store it with the Piazza falls through.

Precisely why I don't bother with ebay any more to sell.Probably why the Celeste won't be going on there.

I will if the price is right, I don't get pissed about and my current plan to store it with the Piazza falls through.
Any pics info on your one?

Any pics info on your one?
I have PM'd you. Sounds like you're a long way from me though.

I'm getting really pissed off with spending days making the thing as clean and presentable as possible only to be let down by people expecting to buy the fucking thing for peanuts.

That really pisses me off, I hate selling cars purely for the amount of dickheads involved. I was selling my BMW E34 last year and this twat said he wanted to see it so I went to collect it from its storage early one morning, cleaned and dried it and drove to him and the utter twat said "Yeah its nice but I need to sell my car first" :shock::evil: I mean, if you don't have the readies whats the sodding point? In the end I sold it on a local classifieds website that costs nothing, had it up for £1995ono so the bloke gave me £2000 cash-nicelyThing is being in Jersey means we can't really sell shite on ebay, its possible as colc will tell you but not many people are going to fork out hundreds of pounds coming over to collect then re-register a rusty £250 Rover 2600.

I'm getting really pissed off with spending days making the thing as clean and presentable as possible only to be let down by people expecting to buy the fucking thing for peanuts.

That really pisses me off, I hate selling cars purely for the amount of dickheads involved. I was selling my BMW E34 last year and this twat said he wanted to see it so I went to collect it from its storage early one morning, cleaned and dried it and drove to him and the utter twat said "Yeah its nice but I need to sell my car first" :shock::evil: .
Chap who turned up today (woo!) had a wander around it, had obviously done his homework on the car, came to view it on behalf of his dad. He seemed to like it, but has now decided he'll have to come back, with his dad. Failr play, but he didn't seem to be messing about.. for once. I wonder if he'll come back.

Thing is being in Jersey means we can't really sell shite on ebay, its possible as colc will tell you but not many people are going to fork out hundreds of pounds coming over to collect then re-register a rusty £250 Rover 2600.

Any 'not so rusty' Rover 3500's over there? SD1, obviously. I'd consider doing all the messing about for one of those, or a 3.0 Mk1 Capri...

Any 'not so rusty' Rover 3500's over there? SD1, obviously. I'd consider doing all the messing about for one of those, or a 3.0 Mk1 Capri...

There were about five maybe six SD1s that I knew of here, I owned three of them the last being a 4.5 injection monster, sadly they all ended being broken up or scrapped (not all by me either) however I have heard that there is a particularly nice SD1 being imported here shortly and the bloke only wants the engine so......My apologies to the cortinadave if this appears to be some sort of 'thread hijack' as they say